Per Diem RN II - Hospice - BonitaView HomeSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 74571 Date posted 06/30/2016
Requisition ID: 74571
- Facility: Sharp Hospice Homes
- City: Bonita
- Department: BonitaView Home
- Category: RN Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located at our BonitaView Hospice Home in Bonita, San Diego County.
12 hour shift, Per Diem, variable, working weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of a Nursing School/Program (RN)
- Current unencumbered California RN licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- One year recent Acute Hospital experience with progressive responsibilities
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse (CHPN) Hospice inpatient experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish
The Per Diem RN II performs assessment, planning, interventions, and evaluation of pain and symptom management and provides care at end of life. The Per Diem RN II collaborates with hospice IDT to ensure effective and safe patient care is implemented. The Per Diem RN II works in a highly autonomous environment.
The Per Diem RN II provides nursing and supportive care to patients and their families during end of life in our 4 bed, general inpatient hospice homes.
Sharp Hospice Care is dedicated to providing comprehensive care and compassionate support to individuals facing life-limiting illnesses, along with their families and friends. Services range from relief of physical discomfort to emotional and spiritual support. Sharp Hospice Care also provides “pre-hospice” home based palliative care consultation for patients with advanced illness such as heart failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and dementia.
Sharp Hospice Care provides in-home services and also provides the region’s first freestanding hospice homes, LakeView Home in La Mesa, ParkView Home in Del Cerro and BonitaView Home in Bonita which offer end-of-life patients an alternative to nursing home placement. The homes – staffed 24 hours a day by licensed nurses – provide a comfortable and supportive environment for four - six patients at one time.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Per Diem RN II, Registered Nurse, RN, Per Diem, Hospice, Palliative, Bonita