Advanced Illness Management (AIM) Navigator, Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
Job ID: 106209 Date posted: November 11, 2020
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- Palliative Care Services
- Evening Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The part-time Advanced Illness Management (AIM) Navigator’s role is to use the nursing process to determine the specialty needs of people living with serious advancing illness and facilitate the development of a care plan and interventions aligning patient goals, preferences and values with care received. The ideal candidate is comfortable in high-paced emergency and ICU departments; having real time conversations regarding goals of care and end of life processes. The AIM Navigator is an expert clinical practitioner, using an evidence-based approach and in collaboration with key stakeholder to ensure safe and effective care and care coordination. The AIM Navigator partners with care team members to coordinate care, resources and ensures transitions of care are realistic, safe and attainable. The AIM Navigator participates in data gathering, analysis and provides recommendations for improving overall quality of care based on outcomes. Responsibilities include serving as an expert resource, educator and role model in the care and management of those living with serious advancing illness. Functions as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team coordinating care with various team members.
The AIM Navigator position is part of the Palliative Care Services department at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 340+ bed hospital with the largest array of health care services in San Diego's South Bay. A Designated Planetree Person-Centered Care Hospital, Sharp Chula Vista is home to the region's most comprehensive heart program and as well as offering exceptional services for orthopedic care and women and infants. The Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center offers patients the most advanced treatment technology, a unique healing environment and an extraordinary level of care.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center has been providing health care to San Diego's South Bay community for more than 70 years. In January 2020, we opened our new next-generation tower, the first new hospital in the South Bay in more than 40 years. The new hospital tower at Sharp Chula Vista combines clinical excellence with thoughtful consideration to provide the best level of care to the community we are privileged to serve. The Ocean View Tower has seven stories and adds 106 large, private patient rooms, including 10 high-tech intensive care units along with six operating rooms, one of which is the South Bay’s first hybrid OR that can shift quickly from a catheterization procedure to surgery. There is also a redesigned main entrance and lobby; additional space for support services, including a pharmacy and kitchen and a rooftop café with a panoramic ocean view.
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- BSN degree. Equivalent clinical experience may substitute for BSN.
- Clinical expertise in the field of geriatrics, palliative, and end of life care
- 5 years of nursing experience
- 3 years clinical experience in geriatrics, palliative care, end-of-life or similar clinical experience
- 2 years of recent pertinent clinical experience as defined by CBA
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of evidence-based clinical principles, clinical guidelines and practice standards in the care and management of people living with serious advancing illness
- Skilled communicator
- Demonstrates critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Educator and mentor to others
- Demonstrates effective time management, prioritization and documentation skills
- Proficient with Information systems and computer programs
- Hospice and Palliative Care Nursing Certification preferred or obtained within 2 years of placement in new role
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole