Case Manager II, Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
Job ID: 102444 Date posted: May 22, 2020
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- Case Management
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 340+ bed hospital with the largest array of health care services in San Diego's South Bay. A Designated Planetree Person-Centered Care Hospital, Sharp Chula Vista is home to the region's most comprehensive heart program and as well as offering exceptional services for orthopedic care and women and infants. The Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center offers patients the most advanced treatment technology, a unique healing environment and an extraordinary level of care.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center has been providing health care to San Diego's South Bay community for more than 70 years. In January 2020, we opened our new next-generation tower; the first new hospital in the South Bay in more than 40 years. The new hospital tower at Sharp Chula Vista combines clinical excellence with thoughtful consideration to provide the best level of care to the community we are privileged to serve. The New Tower has seven stories and adds 106 large, private patient rooms, including 10 high-tech intensive care units along with six operating rooms, one of which is the South Bay’s first hybrid OR that can shift quickly from a catheterization procedure to surgery. There is also a redesigned main entrance and lobby; additional space for support services, including a pharmacy and kitchen and a rooftop café with a panoramic ocean view.
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- BSN or equivalent degree
- Three years of recent acute care nursing experience or case management experience
- Three years of recent case management, utilization review, care coordination experience
- Advanced PC, data management and analysis skills
- Understanding and knowledge of payer eligibility and reimbursement regulations and impact on the continuum of care
- Knowledge of use of community resources to coordinate safe discharges from acute care and the ED settings
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as demonstrated by the ability to work effectively with individuals and/or teams, and across disciplines
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, as demonstrated in oral and written forms
- Ability to work in a collaborative partnership model with Social Workers and other members of the interdisciplinary team, both internal and external
- Organizational and time management skills as evidenced by capacity to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to mentor and lead a team
- Master’s prepared RN
- CM Certification - such as Accredited Case Manager (ACM) or Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Experience with InterQual and/or MCG and Allscripts
Essential Physical Requirements of the position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole