Certified Nursing Assistant - CNA, SNF-Non-Certified (East Wing), Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
Job ID: 103844 Date posted: July 30, 2020
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- SNF-Non-Certified (East Wing)
- CNA Jobs
- Evening Job
Then Certified Nursing Assistant collaborates with the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) in the delivery of quality patient/resident care under the direction of a licensed nurse. Delivers care with consideration to age specific needs/care. Contributes to overall unit functions. Provides routine nursing care and performs established nursing procedures for adult and geriatric residents/patients in a skilled nursing environment.
This position provides direct patient care, assists nursing staff as needed; helps maintain department supply par levels, manages telephone communication, ensures clean/safe area for staff, patients and visitors; assists in preparing area for next day cases; ensures the Sharp Experience for our patients, medical staff and co-workers; must work closely with nursing staff to achieve efficient patient throughput with minimal oversight by departmental leadership.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343-bed hospital with the largest array of health care services in San Diego's South Bay. A Designated Planetree Person-Centered Care Hospital, Sharp Chula Vista is home to the region's most comprehensive heart program and as well as offering exceptional services for orthopedic care and women and infants. The Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center offers patients the most advanced treatment technology, a unique healing environment, and an extraordinary level of care.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center has been providing health care to San Diego's South Bay community for more than 70 years. Now we are on a journey to go beyond, building a next-generation hospital in our binational region. The new hospital tower at Sharp Chula Vista combines clinical excellence with thoughtful consideration to provide the best level of care to the community we are privileged to serve. The new hospital tower is the first new Sharp hospital in San Diego’s South Bay in more than 40 years. The tower includes seven stories, a 197,000-square-foot hospital.
As part of Planetree designation, the new hospital includes:
- All-private patient rooms designed with safety and privacy as priorities, including 10 intensive-care suites
- 6 operating rooms (including 1 hybrid Operating Room)
- Redesigned main entrance and lobby
- Rooftop café with indoor/outdoor dining with panoramic ocean views
- Additional space for support services including a pharmacy and kitchen
On the main floors, patients receive quality care in large, private rooms; a new-intensive care unit features high-tech suites for lifesaving care. In our spacious, new operating rooms, surgeons perform cutting-edge procedures for cardiology, radiology, and more. A versatile hybrid operating room can shift quickly from a catheterization procedure to surgery. Located at the top of the hospital is an indoor/outdoor café featuring panoramic views, from the ocean to the mountains.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Completion of an approved Nursing Assistant Course
- Current unencumbered California Nursing Assistant Certification for long-term care and skilled nursing
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers issued by the AHA
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform all baseline resident/patient care skills under the guidance of a licensed nurse.
- Fluent knowledge of written and spoken English
- One year recent experience in a geriatric setting or one year experience in an acute care hospital
- Rehab experience
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”