Clinical Nurse - RN, Cardiac Cath Lab Recovery, SCVMC
Job ID: 100962 Date posted: February 12, 2020
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- Cardiac Cath Lab Recovery
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse-RN independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care for patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, and according to unit's standards of care. Performs safe nursing care for patients in more complex situations with some assistance and supervision. Demonstrates competency in all areas of the unit skills and some advanced skills. May teach some skills competencies. Coordinates patient care administered by other members of the care team. May assume the responsibility of relief charge nurse and may assist with preceptorship/professional development of new nurses and students. Uses common equipment and medications safely in the practice setting and consults others when unfamiliar. Recognizes inconsistencies in patient care and manages potential complications. Demonstrates consistent organization and prioritization of workload; confident management of emerge.
The Cardiac Cath Lab Recovery will be a pre, peri and post op unit for cardiac cath, electrophysiology and non-invasive procedures. Pre-op consists of completing pre procedural check list, establishing IV and completing pre op orders. Post procedural recovery will recover phase I, general anesthesia recovery (PACU) and conscious sedation recovery. Invasive recovery including: cardiac catheterization, Percutaneous Coronary Intervention and Structural Heart procedures. Peri procedural and post procedural for Non-invasive studies will include, Transesophageal Echo, Cardioversion, Injectable loop recorders and all types of cardiac stress testing.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is the only medical center in the South Bay providing comprehensive cardiac care. Our two cath lab rooms perform procedures typical of much larger facilities, such as diagnostic and interventional coronary procedures, pacemaker/ICD implantations, Electrophysiology studies and peripheral procedures. As a STEMI center, we strive to meet the American College of Cardiology goal of a door-to-balloon time under 90 minutes for all patients and are currently recognized by the AHA as a recipient of the Silver Award in both CHF and CAD. Come join our team promoting patient-centered care.
As the leading provider of health care services in the South Bay, Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343 bed facility that delivers high-quality care designed to meet the needs of the community. Home to the region’s most comprehensive heart program, it also has the area’s only radiation oncology center and certified community hospital cancer program. The hospital has San Diego County’s only comprehensive Bloodless Medicine and Surgery Center, which serves patients who wish to avoid blood transfusions for personal or religious reasons.
Sharp Chula Vista recently more than doubled the size of its Emergency Department and opened the new Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center, a unique healing environment with the most advanced medical technology available for cancer treatment.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
This position is located in Chula Vista, San Diego County
12-hour variable day shift; weekends as needed; call required
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of a Nursing School/Program (RN)
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Minimum one (1) year current clinical RN experience
- Proficient with conscious sedation
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as a team with other interdisciplinary members
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum two (2) years current experience in the ICU/ED or invasive cath lab (cardiac, radiology, endoscopy) strongly preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole