Clinical Nurse - RN, Cardiac Cath Lab, SCVMC
Job ID: 98560 Date posted: October 08, 2019
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- Cardiac Cath Lab
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Cath Lab Clinical Nurse RN is responsible for the total care of patients undergoing procedures in the Cath Lab. The RN works under the supervision of the MD, with a team of technologists, to determine the appropriate plan of care for each patient. Nurses are responsible for the procedural sedation required during cases. Directs other team members within their scope of practice.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is the only medical center in the South Bay providing comprehensive cardiac care. Our two room cath lab performs procedures typical of much larger facilities, such as diagnostic and interventional coronary procedures, pacemaker/ICD implantations, Electrophysiology studies and peripheral procedures. As a STEMI center, we strive to meet the American College of Cardiology goal of a door-to-balloon time under 90 minutes for all patients and are currently recognized by the AHA as a recipient of the Silver Award in both CHF and CAD. Come join our team promoting patient-centered care.
As the leading provider of health care services in the South Bay, Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343 bed facility that delivers high-quality care designed to meet the needs of the community. Home to the region’s most comprehensive heart program, it also has the area’s only radiation oncology center and certified community hospital cancer program. The hospital has San Diego County’s only comprehensive Bloodless Medicine and Surgery Center, which serves patients who wish to avoid blood transfusions for personal or religious reasons.
Sharp Chula Vista recently more than doubled the size of its Emergency Department and opened the new Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center, a unique healing environment with the most advanced medical technology available for cancer treatment.
This position is located in Chula Vista, San Diego County
9-hour variable shift, weekends as needed
*Call required with 30 minute response time
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Successful completion of educational requirements as required by the California Board of Nursing (BRN)
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse (RN) licensure
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Minimum one (1) year of clinical RN experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as a team with other interdisciplinary members
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Two years current experience in the ICU/ED or invasive cath lab (cardiac, radiology, endoscopy)
- Proficient with conscious sedation
- Invasive Cath Lab experience (Nursing or Technical)
- Electrophysiology experience
- Instructor/Educator experience in the cardiovascular field
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
Essential Physical Requirements may discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole