Clinical Nurse - RN, Emergency Department, Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
Job ID: 95425 Date posted: May 01, 2019
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- Emergency Department
- Night Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse RN is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of holistic patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center Emergency Department sees over 70,000 patients every year. Currently, we run 4 private care rooms and 48 patient beds 24 hours a day. The ED at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center, which underwent a massive expansion and redesign that finished in 2012, is one of the most efficient, modern and advanced emergency care centers in all of San Diego County. In addition, the project included an expedited emergency care for minor injuries and illnesses using Rapid Medical Evaluation (RME), an express triage system.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343-bed hospital with the largest array of health care services in San Diego's South Bay. A Designated Planetree Person-Centered Care Hospital, Sharp Chula Vista is home to the region's most comprehensive heart program and also offers exceptional services for orthopedic care and women and infants. The Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center offers patients the most advanced treatment technology, a unique healing environment and an extraordinary level of care.
Applicant may be eligible for Relocation Reimbursement up to $2500
Sharp employees are eligible for a $1000 employee referral bonus
This position is located in Chula Vista, San Diego County
12-hour, Night shift; 7:00 pm – 7:30 am; including every other weekend
This is full-time position, (.9): 72 hours/per pay period
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for HealthCare Providers
- Current ACLS certification for HealthCare Providers
- One year current adult Emergency Room RN experience in an Acute Care setting
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current PALS certification for HealthCare Providers
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: Clinical Nurse-RN, Registered Nurse, Emergency Department, ED
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole