Clinical Nurse - RN, Emergency Department, Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
Job ID: 101410 Date posted: February 28, 2020
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- Emergency Department
- Night Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse RN is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of holistic patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343-bed hospital with the largest array of health care services in San Diego's South Bay. A Designated Planetree Patient-Centered Care Hospital, Sharp Chula Vista is home to the region's most comprehensive heart program and also offers exceptional services for orthopedic care and women and infants. The Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center offers patients the most advanced treatment technology, a unique healing environment and an extraordinary level of care.
Celebrating 40 years of history in 2015, Sharp Chula Vista boasts a team of more than 2,000 employees and 500 affiliated physicians representing a robust range of specialties.
In 2016, Sharp Chula Vista announced Above and Beyond, the campaign to build a next-generation hospital in our binational region. With 106 private patient rooms; 6 large, new operating rooms; a rooftop café; and more, the new hospital tower at Sharp Chula Vista combines clinical excellence with thoughtful consideration to provide the best level of care to the community it's privileged to serve. The new tower opened Jan. 14, 2020.
This position is located in Chula Vista, San Diego County
12-hour, Night shift, 7:00 pm – 7:30 am; every other weekend
This is full-time position, (.9): 72 hours/per pay period
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current ACLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current PALS certification for Healthcare Providers
- One year recent adult ED Clinical RN experience in an Acute Care Setting
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole