Clinical Nurse - RN, Intensive Care Unit, Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
Job ID: 101363 Date posted: February 28, 2020
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- Night Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
Sharp Chula Vista’s ICU is the largest in the South Bay. Designed as a healing environment with ocean or mountain views from each private patient room as well as a family reflection garden, a soothing color scheme and original artwork to promote reflection and healing, the high acuity 28-bed MICU provides comprehensive cardiac and intensive care services. Our new Ocean View Tower houses the state of the art 10 bed SICU for all of our surgical services. Our nurses provide care in both locations for a variety of patient populations, including cardiovascular surgery, IABP, neurosurgery, ICP, stroke, sepsis and shock, multi-system organ failure, renal failure/CRRT, respiratory failure with ventilator management and proning therapy, cardiac emergencies and STEMI/interventional cardiology. Our ICU nurses participate in code blue response throughout the hospital and many are members of our rapid response team. We strive to deliver compassionate, patient and family-centered care using evidence-based practices and state-of-the-art techniques.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343-bed hospital with the largest array of health care services in San Diego's South Bay. A Designated Planetree Patient-Centered Care Hospital, Sharp Chula Vista is home to the region's most comprehensive heart program and also offers exceptional services for orthopedic care and women and infants. The Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center offers patients the most advanced treatment technology, a unique healing environment and an extraordinary level of care.
Celebrating 40 years of history in 2015, Sharp Chula Vista boasts a team of more than 2,000 employees and 500 affiliated physicians representing a robust range of specialties.
In 2016, Sharp Chula Vista announced Above and Beyond, the campaign to build a next-generation hospital in our binational region. With 106 private patient rooms; 6 large, new operating rooms; a rooftop café; and more, the new hospital tower at Sharp Chula Vista combines clinical excellence with thoughtful consideration to provide the best level of care to the community it's privileged to serve. The new tower opened Jan. 14, 2020.
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current ACLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current NIHSS certification
One year recent adult Intensive Care RN experience in an Acute Care setting
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current CCRN certification
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole