Clinical Nurse - RN, Intensive Care Unit Transition in Practice, Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
Job ID: 105849 Date posted: October 28, 2020
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- Night Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
ICU RN Transition in Practice position: Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is offering registered nurses the opportunity to train in the Intensive Care Unit. This position is a full-time, night position; training will primarily occur on day shift.
Sharp Chula Vista’s ICU is the largest in the South Bay. Designed as a healing environment with ocean or mountain views from each private patient room as well as a family reflection garden, a soothing color scheme and original artwork to promote reflection and healing, the high acuity 28 bed MICU along with the 7 bed SICU provide comprehensive cardiac and intensive care services. The intensive care units of Sharp Chula Vista provide care for a variety of patient populations, including cardiovascular surgery, IABP, neurosurgery, ICP, stroke, sepsis and shock, multi-system organ failure, renal failure/CRRT, respiratory failure with ventilator management, cardiac emergencies and STEMI/ interventional cardiology. Our ICU nurses participate in the code blue and rapid response teams. We strive to deliver compassionate, patient and family-centered care using evidence-based practices and state-of-the-art techniques.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343-bed hospital with the largest array of health care services in San Diego's South Bay. A Designated Planetree Person-Centered Care Hospital, Sharp Chula Vista is home to the region's most comprehensive heart program and as well as offering exceptional services for orthopedic care and women and infants. The Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center offers patients the most advanced treatment technology, a unique healing environment, and an extraordinary level of care.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center has been providing health care to San Diego's South Bay community for more than 70 years. Now we are on a journey to go beyond, building a next-generation hospital in our binational region. The new hospital tower at Sharp Chula Vista combines clinical excellence with thoughtful consideration to provide the best level of care to the community we're privileged to serve. The new hospital tower is the first new Sharp hospital in San Diego’s South Bay in more than 40 years. The tower includes seven stories, a 197,000-square-foot hospital.
As part of Planetree designation, the new hospital includes:
All-private patient rooms designed with safety and privacy as priorities, including 10 intensive-care suites
6 operating rooms (including 1 hybrid Operating Room)
- Redesigned main entrance and lobby
Rooftop café with indoor/outdoor dining with panoramic ocean views
Additional space for support services including a pharmacy and kitchen
On the main floors, patients receive quality care in large, private rooms; a new-intensive care unit features high-tech suites for lifesaving care. In our spacious, new operating rooms, surgeons perform cutting-edge procedures for cardiology, radiology, and more. A versatile hybrid operating room can shift quickly from a catheterization procedure to surgery. Located at the top of the hospital is an indoor/outdoor café featuring panoramic views, from the ocean to the mountains.
12-hour, Night shift; 7:00 pm – 7:30 am; including every other weekend
This is full-time RN Transition in Practice position, (.9): 72 hours/per pay period
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current ACLS certification for healthcare providers required within 90 days of hire
- Current NIHSS certification required within 90 days of hire
- One year current adult Acute Care Progressive Care/Telemetry/Emergency Department Clinical Nurse experience
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current PCCN, TNCC or CEN certification
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
RN Training Program, RN Transition in Practice
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole