Clinical Nurse - RN, Labor & Delivery (3W), SCVMC
Job ID: 99896 Date posted: January 24, 2020
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- Labor & Delivery (3W)
- Night Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse RN is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of holistic patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes. The Clinical Nurse will also float to Triage.
The Women’s and Infant Services at Sharp Chula Vista Medical delivers 250-300 infants/month. The Labor and Delivery department is comprised of an 8 bed triage, 10 bed LDR suite, 19 bed Post-Partum unit, 2 OR suites, 3 bed PACU and a 9 bed Level II NICU
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Clinical Nurse - RN Labor and Delivery
This position is located in Chula Vista, San Diego County
12-hour shift, 7:00 pm -7:30 am
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current NRP certification
- One year of recent experience in Labor and Delivery and Triage
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole