Clinical Nurse - RN, Non-Invasive Cardio, SCVMC
Job ID: 106216 Date posted: November 13, 2020
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- Non-Invasive Cardio
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse RN will work independently to perform the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care for patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, and according to unit's standards of care. Performs safe nursing care for patients in more complex situations with some assistance and supervision. Demonstrates competency in all areas of the unit skills and some advanced skills. May teach some skills competencies. Coordinates patient care administered by other members of the care team. May assume the responsibility of relief charge nurse and may assist with preceptorship/professional development of new nurses and students. Uses common equipment and medications safely in the practice setting and consults others when unfamiliar. Recognizes inconsistencies in patient care and manages potential complications. Demonstrates consistent organization and prioritization of workload.
Non-Invasive Cardiology is a busy department that is accountable for a variety of procedures including: Exercise and Pharmaceutical Stress Testing, TEE’s with moderate sedation or with anesthesia, Cardioversions and Implantable Cardiac Event Recorders. Procedures may be scheduled in different areas of the hospital or at the Outpatient Surgery Center. In addition, we work closely with the Echo department providing stress echo’s, image enhancer and bubble studies.
As the leading provider of health care services in the South Bay, Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343 bed facility that delivers high-quality care designed to meet the needs of the community. Home to the region’s most comprehensive heart program, it also has the area’s only radiation oncology center and certified community hospital cancer program. The hospital has San Diego County’s only comprehensive Bloodless Medicine and Surgery Center, which serves patients who wish to avoid blood transfusions for personal or religious reasons.
Sharp Chula Vista recently more than doubled the size of its Emergency Department and opened the new Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center, a unique healing environment with the most advanced medical technology available for cancer treatment.
This position is located in Chula Vista, CA, San Diego County
Part Time 8-Hour Variable Shift; Weekends as Needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Education as required by the California Board of Registered Nursing (CA BRN)
- Current unencumbered California RN licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers by the American Heart Association
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Minimum one (1) year of clinical RN experience
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Current experience in the ICU
- Excellent telemetry skills (12-lead) with the ability to recognize arrhythmias at a glance
- Ability to respond and direct care in the presence of life threatening arrhythmias
- Ability to function as the sole RN
- Working knowledge of moderate sedation practice and post-anesthesia recovery
- Bilingual in (English/Spanish)
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole