Clinical Nurse - RN, PCU Oncology 5T, FT with Sign-On Bonus/Relocation Bonus, Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
Job ID: 106804 Date posted: December 11, 2020
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- PCU 5T
- Night Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse RN is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of holistic patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
PCU Oncology 5T is a 32 Medical Surgical Oncology and Progressive Care unit at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center. The unit cares for a great variety of diagnosis and treatments including: American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) outcome studies, inpatient radiation, and art line chemo and PCU (Progressive Care) patients. We are looking for candidates who emphasis a "team-oriented" approach to care and who are interested in being a part of innovative developments within Sharp Healthcare. This unit offers the chance to develop and advance nursing knowledge and clinical skills while working with a multidisciplinary team.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343-bed hospital with the largest array of health care services in San Diego's South Bay. A Designated Planetree Person-Centered Care Hospital, Sharp Chula Vista is home to the region's most comprehensive heart program and as well as offering exceptional services for orthopedic care and women and infants. The Douglas& Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center offers patients the most advanced treatment technology, a unique healing environment, and an extraordinary level of care.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center has been providing health care to San Diego's South Bay community for more than 70 years. Now we are on a journey to go beyond, building a next-generation hospital in our binational region. The new hospital tower at Sharp Chula Vista combines clinical excellence with thoughtful consideration to provide the best level of care to the community we're privileged to serve. The new hospital tower is the first new Sharp hospital in San Diego’s South Bay in more than 40 years. The tower includes seven stories, a 197,000-square-foot hospital.
As part of Planetree designation, the new hospital includes:
- All-private patient rooms designed with safety and privacy as priorities, including 10 intensive-care suites
- 6 operating rooms (including 1 hybrid Operating Room)
- Redesigned main entrance and lobby
- Rooftop café with indoor/outdoor dining with panoramic ocean views
- Additional space for support services including a pharmacy and kitchen
On the main floors, patients receive quality care in large, private rooms; a new-intensive care unit features high-tech suites for lifesaving care. In our spacious, new operating rooms, surgeons perform cutting-edge procedures for cardiology, radiology, and more. A versatile hybrid operating room can shift quickly from a catheterization procedure to surgery. Located at the top of the hospital is an indoor/outdoor café featuring panoramic views, from the ocean to the mountains.
Applicant may be eligible for Sign-On Bonus of $5000 and Relocation Reimbursement of $5000
Sharp employee may be eligible for $2500 employee referral bonus
This position is located in Chula Vista, San Diego County
Full-time; 12 hour shift; night shift; 7:00 PM - 7:30 AM; including every other weekend
- Graduate of Nursing School
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- One year recent Acute Care Medical Surgical/LTAC/SNF/Post-Acute RN experience
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- PCU/Telemetry RN experience
- Oncology RN experience
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN)
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole