Clinical Nurse - RN, SNF - Certified (West Wing), Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
Job ID: 101005 Date posted: February 12, 2020
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- SNF - Certified (West Wing)
- Evening Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse – RN will provide direct and indirect nursing services to patients and families. The Clinical Nurse - RN will provide safe routine nursing care and perform established nursing procedures for adult and geriatric residents/patients in a Skilled Nursing environment.
The Clinical Nurse – RN position is at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center in the SNF-Certified West Wing.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343-bed hospital with the largest array of health care services in San Diego's South Bay. A Designated Planetree Person-Centered Care Hospital, Sharp Chula Vista is home to the region's most comprehensive heart program and as well as offering exceptional services for orthopedic care and women and infants. The Douglas& Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center offers patients the most advanced treatment technology, a unique healing environment and an extraordinary level of care.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center has been providing health care to San Diego's South Bay community for more than 70 years. Now we are on a journey to go beyond, building a next-generation hospital in our binational region. The new hospital tower at Sharp Chula Vista will combine clinical excellence with thoughtful consideration to provide the best level of care to the community we're privileged to serve. Scheduled to open in 2019, the new Hospital Tower at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center will be the first new Sharp hospital in San Diego’s South Bay in more than 40 years. The tower will include seven stories, a 197,000-square-foot hospital.
As part of Planetree designation, the new hospital will include:
- All-private patient rooms designed with safety and privacy as priorities, including 10 intensive-care suites
- 6 operating rooms (including 1 hybrid Operating Room)
- Redesigned main entrance and lobby
- Rooftop café with indoor/outdoor dining with panoramic ocean views
- Additional space for support services including a pharmacy and kitchen
On the main floors, patients will receive quality care in large, private rooms; a new-intensive care unit will feature high-tech suites for lifesaving care. In our spacious, new operating rooms, surgeons will perform cutting-edge procedures for cardiology, radiology and more. A versatile hybrid operating room will be able to shift quickly from a catheterization procedure to surgery. Located at the top of the hospital will be an indoor/outdoor café will feature panoramic views, from the ocean to the mountains.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This position is located in Chula Vista, San Diego County
8 hour shift, Part-time, 3:00pm - 11:30pm, working every other weekend
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of Nursing School
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- AHA Basic Life Support certification for Healthcare Professional (AHA BLS HealthCare)
- More than one year of clinical RN experience.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of OBRA and Title 22 Regulations
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole