Clinical Nurse - RN, Surgery, Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
Job ID: 97466 Date posted: August 28, 2019
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse RN is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
The Main Surgery Department at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is the first and only hospital in the South Bay with a DaVinci Robotic Surgery Program. With its 5 OR suites, it performs 4,000 cases/year. This Surgery Department offers a comprehensive heart program where open heart surgeries are performed as well as neuro, vascular, gyn, general, urology, and ENT.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343-bed hospital with the largest array of health care services in San Diego's South Bay. A Designated Planetree Person-Centered Care Hospital, Sharp Chula Vista is home to the region's most comprehensive heart program and as well as offering exceptional services for orthopedic care and women and infants. The Douglas& Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center offers patients the most advanced treatment technology, a unique healing environment and an extraordinary level of care.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center has been providing health care to San Diego's South Bay community for more than 70 years. Now we are on a journey to go beyond, building a next-generation hospital in our binational region. The new hospital tower at Sharp Chula Vista will combine clinical excellence with thoughtful consideration to provide the best level of care to the community we're privileged to serve. Scheduled to open in 2019, the new Hospital Tower at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center will be the first new Sharp hospital in San Diego’s South Bay in more than 40 years. The tower will include seven stories, a 197,000-square-foot hospital.
As part of Planetree designation, the new hospital will include:
- All-private patient rooms designed with safety and privacy as priorities, including 10 intensive-care suites
- 6 operating rooms (including 1 hybrid Operating Room)
- Redesigned main entrance and lobby
- Rooftop café with indoor/outdoor dining with panoramic ocean views
- Additional space for support services including a pharmacy and kitchen
On the main floors, patients will receive quality care in large, private rooms; a new-intensive care unit will feature high-tech suites for lifesaving care. In our spacious, new operating rooms, surgeons will perform cutting-edge procedures for cardiology, radiology and more. A versatile hybrid operating room will be able to shift quickly from a catheterization procedure to surgery. Located at the top of the hospital will be an indoor/outdoor café will feature panoramic views, from the ocean to the mountains.
This position is located in Chula Vista, San Diego County
- Graduate of Nursing School
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- One year recent Open Heart Surgery/Operating Room RN experience
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Surgery/Operating Room Heart Scrub experience
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole