Clinical Nurse Specialist - RN, Labor & Delivery (3W), SCVMCJob ID 85846 Date posted 01/31/2018
- Facility: Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- City: Chula Vista
- Department: Labor & Delivery (3W)
- Category: Clinical Nurse Specialist Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
Relocation assistance may be available up to $2,500 per Sharp Policy and Procedure.
Employee Referral Bonus of $1,000 for eligible Sharp employees
This position is located in Chula Vista, CA (San Diego County)
8-hour shift, primarily day shift, but hours may vary depending on needs of the department; weekends as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Masters or doctoral prepared RN
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Fetal Monitoring Certification
- Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) certification issued by the CA BRN
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification
- A clinical expert in theory and/or research based nursing practice within a specialty area (L&D) that functions in the following roles: leader, consultant, mentor, change agent within three spheres of influence; patient/client, nurses/nursing practice, and organization/system
- Strong communication and leadership development skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- AWHONN Intermediate or Advanced Fetal Monitoring Certification strongly desired
- Certification in specialty area of practice highly desired
- Doctorate in Nursing
- Proficient in computer skills such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Staff Development and educator experience
- Current ACLS
This Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) position is in the Labor & Delivery department, Maternal Infant Services at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center. The CNS is a masters or doctoral prepared nurse who applies clinical expertise in evidence-based nursing practice within a specialty area and functions in the following roles: clinical expert, educator, researcher and consultant. The ability to be a system thinker and change agent are role assumptions for the CNS. The CNS serves three primary clients: patient/family, nursing staff and organization.
Clinical Nurse Specialist positions with Sharp HealthCare focus on patient outcomes and serve a key function to the organization. There are opportunities for Clinical Nurse Specialists to collaborate with leaders throughout Sharp to create safer systems and processes for patients and their families.
The CNS will be part of the Women’s Administration department at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center. The Maternal Infant Services department at Sharp Chula Vista Medical delivers 250-300 infants/month. The department is comprised of an 8-bed triage, 10-bed LDR suite, 19-bed Post-Partum unit, 2 OR suites, 3-bed PAU and a 9-bed Level II NICU.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343-bed hospital with the largest array of health care services in San Diego's South Bay. A Designated Planetree Patient-Centered Care Hospital, Sharp Chula Vista is home to the region's most comprehensive heart program and also offers exceptional services for orthopedic care and women and infants. The Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center offers patients the most advanced treatment technology, a unique healing environment and an extraordinary level of care.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation/Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: 85846, 83950, Labor & Delivery Clinical Nurse Specialist Jobs, CNS Jobs, Advanced Practice Nurse Jobs, L&D RN Jobs, Labor and Delivery Nursing Jobs, Women’s Services Jobs, OB-GYN Jobs, Maternal Infant Services Jobs, NICU, Mother/Baby, Postpartum Nurse, Nursing Jobs, San Diego Nurse Jobs