Customer Information Representative
Job ID: 95565 Date posted: May 08, 2019
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- Customer Information Center
- Clerical Jobs
The CIR answers all incoming calls according to PBX or UA5200 guidelines. Some of job responsibilities are: prioritizes emergent hospital code calls; provides clear and concise public PBX [intercom] overhead paging and announcements; promptly and accurately facilitates all hospital code calls and notices, directs/connects all external and internal customers [calls] to appropriate destinations.
The Customer Information Center is
committed to providing excellent customer service. As a provider of customer service
and communicative needs, the Customer Information Center consistently
complies with Sharp HealthCare practices, policies (e.g., attendance, patient
safety), and procedures. We abide by ethical standards set in the Sharp
HealthCare Commitment to Principles Handbook.
As the leading provider of health
care services in the South Bay, Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343 bed
facility that delivers high-quality care designed to meet the needs of the
community. Home to the region’s most comprehensive heart program, it also has
the area’s only radiation oncology center and certified community hospital
cancer program. The hospital has San Diego County’s only comprehensive
Bloodless Medicine and Surgery Center, which serves patients who wish to avoid
blood transfusions for personal or religious reasons.
Sharp Chula Vista recently more than doubled the size of its Emergency Department and opened the new Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center, a unique healing environment with the most advanced medical technology available for cancer.
This position is located in Chula Vista, San Diego County
Part Time .5, eves, days, weekends, as Dept. needs
Required Skills and
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Current two (2) years of current experience in a hospital or medical office setting or current 3 years of experience in a high-contact customer service position
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in dealing with multiple demands simultaneously
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Basic computer skills required such as with Windows based programs and Outlook
- Good documentation skills
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of switchboard (PBX or UA5200) use and overhead paging systems
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Additional physical requirements may be discussed at the time of interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”