Director Pharmacy-SCVJob ID 85916 Date posted 02/03/2018
- Facility: Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- City: Chula Vista
- Department: Pharmacy
- Category: Executive Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 5 PM
Director Pharmacy-Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343-bed hospital with the largest array of health care services in San Diego's South Bay. A Designated Planetree Patient-Centered Care Hospital, Sharp Chula Vista is home to the region's most comprehensive heart program and also offers exceptional services for orthopedic care and women and infants. The Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center offers patients the most advanced treatment technology, a unique healing environment and an extraordinary level of care.
Provides management support and coordinates the daily operations of multiple pharmacy work units, including the cancer center, pharmacy, home infusion therapists, nursing, and main hospital pharmacy. Supervises daily work activity of pharmacists and ancillary personnel of those units. Oversees operational planning and daily work direction to achieve organizational and department objectives. The population served may include pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Determines direction, goals, and objectives of assigned areas and ensures implementation of strategic and operating plans. Directs the development of short and long-range plans and budgets.
- Develops and recommends overall organizational policies and objectives within the pharmacy and ensures their implementation.
- Supervises and regularly interacts with pharmacy staff to assess staffing needs, performance, motivation, hiring, coaching, and counseling and assures performance appraisals are completed. Develops and monitors productivity standards to assure compliance and achieving stated goals.
- Ensures organizational compliance with legislation and regulations as they impact assigned areas. Assures compliance with Federal, State, Regulatory and Safety requirements and assumes lead responsibility for JCAHO preparation and compliance
- Overall operations management inclusive of responsibilities in cost management, quality of services delivered, employee and resources management and total care delivery.
- Achieves financial outcomes and targets goals for system efficiency.
- Coordinates interdepartmental projects to assure quality outcomes.
- Collaborates with system director, managers and system specialists to standardize, update, and/or maintain policies and procedures for multiple sites.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a hospital pharmacy environment or equivalent healthcare setting.
- Minimum 5 years in a leadership role.
- Computer skills highly desirable, especially in the applications of word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
Education: Doctorate of Pharmacy (Pharm.D)
Licensure: Current unencumbered CA Pharmacist license required.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Exceeds the level of proficiency in the skills, abilities and knowledge outlined for the staff pharmacist. Specialized, theoretical and technical skills acquired through education and experience.
Demonstrates the ability to remain flexible in a rapid change environment and current health care dynamic climate. Five or more years in a leadership position. Demonstrates ability to plan, design, implement and evaluate one's own work and be able to work independently with minimal observation and supervision. Has full knowledge and understanding of hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Has significant knowledge of fiscal and budgetary issues in regards to the work unit.
Human Relation Skills
Demonstrates ability to communicate clearly and effectively and to work collaboratively with others of diverse cultures, educational backgrounds, experience, etc. Must be able to understand and motivate both professional and technical employees. Must perform conflict resolution at various times.
Political Process Skills
Ability to function well under condition of current environment; must demonstrate sensitivity with all levels of staff as well as with physicians.
Compensation and Benefits:
The position provides a very competitive compensation, including opportunity to participate in an entity incentive program along with a generous benefit package.
Patients, nursing, physicians, peers, staff, consumers, co-workers, directors, senior administrators and vendors.
Physical Requirements may be discussed during the interview
“Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.”
Keywords: Director Pharmacy, PharmD, Inpatient pharmacy, hospital pharmacy, PYXIS, Pharmacy leadership, Pharmacist jobs, Pharmacy jobs, Executive Pharmacy jobs, Sharp Chula Vista jobs, Pharm Jobs, Sharp HealthCare jobs