Infection Preventionist, Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
Job ID: 106139 Date posted: November 06, 2020
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- Infection Control
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
We are seeking candidates with a passion for infection prevention and a collaborative, solution-oriented approach to practice. The Infection Preventionist will coordinate surveillance, prevention, and control of infection at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center. Responsibilities include analyzing related to clinical epidemiology and facilitating quality improvement activities. Maintaining Regulatory requirements is another important responsibility of the Infection Preventionist position. The Infection Preventionist will complete and maintain all regulatory requirements, including licensing and certification and other mandatory training within established time frames and submit documentation as appropriate. Understanding of required publically reported data is also a responsibility of the Infection Preventionist. This position will have a strong staff educational focus; interacting with physicians, hospital leadership, all levels of staff, contracted services and healthcare consumers.
The Infection Control Department at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center assists in development, implementation, and improvement of infection control Practices. The department also maintains and utilizes knowledge of current CDC guidelines, JCAHO standards, State and local regulations pertaining to infection control. The Infection Control department reviews and disseminates current infection control information to individuals and departments and acts as a resource, responding to concerns regarding infection control practices.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343-bed hospital with the largest array of health care services in San Diego's South Bay. A Designated Planetree Person-Centered Care Hospital, Sharp Chula Vista is home to the region's most comprehensive heart program and as well as offering exceptional services for orthopedic care and women and infants. The Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center offers patients the most advanced treatment technology, a unique healing environment, and an extraordinary level of care.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center has been providing health care to San Diego's South Bay community for more than 70 years. Now we are on a journey to go beyond, building a next-generation hospital in our binational region. The new hospital tower at Sharp Chula Vista combines clinical excellence with thoughtful consideration to provide the best level of care to the community we're privileged to serve. The new hospital tower is the first new Sharp hospital in San Diego’s South Bay in more than 40 years. The tower includes seven stories, a 197,000-square-foot hospital.
As part of Planetree designation, the new hospital includes:
- All-private patient rooms designed with safety and privacy as priorities, including 10 intensive-care suites
- 6 operating rooms (including 1 hybrid Operating Room)
- Redesigned main entrance and lobby
- Rooftop café with indoor/outdoor dining with panoramic ocean views
- Additional space for support services including a pharmacy and kitchen
On the main floors, patients receive quality care in large, private rooms; a new-intensive care unit features high-tech suites for lifesaving care. In our spacious, new operating rooms, surgeons perform cutting-edge procedures for cardiology, radiology, and more. A versatile hybrid operating room can shift quickly from a catheterization procedure to surgery. Located at the top of the hospital is an indoor/outdoor café featuring panoramic views, from the ocean to the mountains.
- Previous experience as an Infection Preventionist or 3 to 5 years experience in an acute care setting
- Ability to work independently and interact with a broad spectrum of healthcare professionals
- Successful project management and computer skills
- Attention to detail and excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to lead change and influence others
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing
- Unencumbered California Registered Nurse License
- Certified in Infection Control (CIC)
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole