Lead Case ManagerJob ID 83941 Date posted 10/30/2017
- Facility: Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- City: Chula Vista
- Department: Case Management
- Category: Nursing Management Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 4:30 PM
This position is located in Chula Vista, CA (San Diego County)
8-hour day shift, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm; weekends as needed and on-call
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Two or more years Acute Care or Clinical experience in area of specialty
- Advanced clinical skills in area of expertise
- 2 years recent clinical experience in Utilization Review, Discharge Planning and/or Case Management in a hospital and/or Managed Care setting
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of utilization management, healthcare finances, alternative options, goals and outcomes and regulatory and professional implications
- Skilled in conflict management and resolution
- Very good to excellent communication and critical thinking skills
- Self-directed and demonstrates ability to prioritize
- Demonstrated ability to remain flexible in rapidly changing environment and current health care dynamic climate
- Able to work collaboratively with interdisciplinary team
- Knowledge of team building skills and principles of self-managed work teams
- Proficient with information systems and computer programs such as Word, Excel, etc.
- Effective interpersonal skills: verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate with patients, families, physicians, and other disciplinary team members effectively
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or health-related field
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Leadership experience
The Lead Case manager is responsible for oversight and coordination of the day-to-day operations of case management, utilization review and discharge planning. Responsibilities include coordinating the daily productivity of the case management staff, monitoring for quality of service, assisting the Director of Case Management and Social Work with operational planning and providing daily work direction to achieve organizational objectives. The Lead Case Manager focuses on department goals, appropriate utilization, discharge planning, staff/team performance and customer satisfaction.
The Case Management department is an integrated department that includes Case Management, Social Services, Pastoral Care, Quality Improvement and Diabetes Management. Case Management works collaboratively with the healthcare team, social services and other disciplines to facilitate effective throughput, manage length of stay, as well assists with effective, safe and timely discharge planning.
As the leading provider of health care services in the South Bay, Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343 bed facility that delivers high-quality care designed to meet the needs of the community. Home to the region’s most comprehensive heart program, it also has the area’s only radiation oncology center and certified community hospital cancer program. The hospital has San Diego County’s only comprehensive Bloodless Medicine and Surgery Center, which serves patients who wish to avoid blood transfusions for personal or religious reasons.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Sitting for extended periods of time
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: 83941, 81811, Lead Case Manager, Case Management Jobs, Utilization Management Jobs, UM, Discharge Planning Jobs, DC, CM, RN Jobs, Registered Nurse, Nursing Leadership, RN Case Management, Case Manager Jobs, Nursing Jobs, Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center, San Diego