Lead Registered Nurse - RN - Primary/Specialty
Job ID: 103910 Date posted: August 03, 2020
- SRS Otay Ranch
- Internal Medicine
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Lead Registered Nurse supervises nurses and receptionists, working with the Manager and Patient Care Supervisor to offer quality services that exceed patient expectations. Assists patients, staff and providers as needed to maintain a high level of efficiency of operations and customer service while providing quality care to a designated patient population. Responsible for supervising and coordinating operations of the Internal Medicine department. Provides direct patient care and assists with triaging a high volume of calls in the clinical setting. Acts as a patient and employee advocate, works cooperatively with physicians and assures communications with and among staff and managers in accordance with the Sharp Rees-Stealy mission and goals statements.
The Department of Internal Medicine makes up a large portion of the Sharp Rees-Stealy care network and located at 12 of our Sharp Rees-Stealy medical clinics in San Diego: Carmel Valley, Del Mar, Chula Vista, Downtown-San Diego, El Cajon, Genesee, La Mesa, Mira Mesa, Sorrento Mesa, Otay Ranch, Rancho Bernardo, San Diego, Scripps Ranch and Sorrento Mesa.
With 450 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 21 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
This position is located in Otay Ranch/Chula Vista, San Diego County
8:00am-5:00pm, and occasional Saturdays
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Education as required by the California Board of Nursing
- Current unencumbered California RN license
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Minimum three (3) years RN work experience
- Leadership experience
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Previous Medical/Surgical and/or varied ambulatory care clinical experience
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Essential Physical Requirements may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole