Lead Registered Nurse - RN - Primary/Specialty
Job ID: 107087 Date posted: December 30, 2020
- SRS South Chula Vista
- Nursing Administration
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Registered Nurse – Lead RN assists patients, staff and physicians as needed to maintain a high level of efficiency of operations and customer service while providing quality care to a designated patient population. Assists the Patient Care Manager and Supervisor with the leadership of the Nursing and Patient Service Representative Staff. Practices nursing within the scope of practice as designated in the Business and Professions Code of California Nurse Practice Act, and maintains critical skills as outlined in scope of practice (i.e. IV skills). Maintains a productive and effective team and worker friendly environment. Identifies and assists with resolving issues regarding staffing and equipment needs. Partners with physicians in delivering the highest quality patient care and customer service. Acts as a role model, mentor, and resource in giving nursing care and in the development of nursing and Patient Service Representative staff. Utilizes opportunities for teaching with staff.
Sharp Rees-Stealy founded in 1923 is one of the largest multi-specialty medical group in San Diego. This role will oversee direct reports in the following departments: Internal Medicine and Family Medicine.
With 400 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 20 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
This position is located in Chula Vista, San Diego County
8-hour day shift: 8:00am-5:00pm, weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)/Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Minimum three (3) years related RN work experience
- Leadership experience
- IV proficient
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Ambulatory care experience
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole