Licensed Vocational Nurse - LVNSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 76944 Date posted 10/28/2016
Requisition ID: 76944
- Facility: SRS Otay Ranch
- City: Chula Vista
- Department: Obstetrics/Gynecology
- Category: LVN Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 5 PM
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in Otay Ranch, San Diego County
8:00am - 5:00pm - Monday through Friday
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) program/school or Navy Corps School
- Current unencumbered California Licensed Vocational Nursing licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- One to three years current LVN experience in a related clinical area
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment. Room patients, answer messages and return phone calls
- Excellent customer service skills, be flexible, detail-oriented and very organized
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Ambulatory care – Physician office experience
- Obstetrics Gynecology or Labor and Delivery experience
The LVN will primarily will be working with one physician to maintain patient flow, prepare patients for their office visit and return patient phone calls. This role will also prepares patients for and assists with procedures, sterilizes instruments, maintains supplies and equipment; and documents care in electronic health record.
The Department of OB/GYN consists of 15 providers on our staff to help meet the needs of our patients and is located at 6 of our Sharp Rees-Stealy medical clinics in San Diego (Del Mar, La Mesa, Otay Ranch, San Diego, Scripps Ranch, and Sorrento Mesa).
Sharp Rees-Stealy's mission is to improve the health of its community through a caring partnership of patients, physicians and employees. Its goal is to offer quality services that set community standards and exceed expectations in a caring, convenient, affordable and accessible manner.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has been serving the health care needs of San Diegans since 1923 when doctors Clarence Rees and Clair Stealy formed San Diego's first multispecialty medical group practice. Today, Sharp Rees-Stealy has 22 locations and 450 primary care doctors and specialists representing virtually every field of medicine.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: LVN, Licensed Vocational Nurse, OB/GYN, Obstetrics/Gynecology