Manager Human Resources - Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
Job ID: 103881 Date posted: July 31, 2020
- Sharp HealthCare
- HR Operations
- Management Jobs
- Day Job
To provide a range of Human Resources & Talent Management services and resources in collaboration with the Director, Human Resources. This position shares Human Resources operational responsibility within an entity of Sharp HealthCare, aligning with HR & Talent Management system-wide, partnering with entity leadership to best serve the needs of employees. This includes strategy development, program development, training, employee relations, and HR operations management.
This position will be part of the HR Team that support all of the entities located on the Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center.
As the leading provider of health care services in the South Bay, Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343-bed facility that delivers high-quality care designed to meet the needs of the community. Home to the region’s most comprehensive heart program, it also has the area’s only radiation oncology center and certified community hospital cancer program. The hospital has San Diego County’s only comprehensive Bloodless Medicine and Surgery Center, which serves patients who wish to avoid blood transfusions for personal or religious reasons.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Manager HR Clinical Services, Human Resources Manager, HR Manager
Full-Time; 8- hour day shift
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum of three (3) years to (5) years of experience providing a broad array of complex human resources experience with broad breadth of practice knowledge in large entity with a minimum of 2000 employees to include a broad breadth of practicing knowledge within the areas of: Employee Relations/Labor Law/Wage and Hour Law, Workers' Compensation, ADA, EEOC, Compensation, Benefits, Policy/Procedures Development, Regulatory Requirements.
- Minimum of one year of HR related supervisory experience.
- Previous experience with collective bargaining agreements a plus
- Requires proven ability to engage and consult with all levels of management
- Ability to establish working relationships and partnerships at all levels of the organization
- Individual must possess strong employee relations skills as well as critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Well rounded HR experience
- Excellent written/verbal communication skill
- Employee/Labor Relations
- Training and Development
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- SPHR or PHR certification
- HR experience in a healthcare setting
- Master's degree
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”