Manager Surgery/PACU/SPDSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 72618 Date posted 03/31/2016
Requisition ID: 72618
- Facility: Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- City: Chula Vista
- Department: Surgery
- Category: Nursing Management Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 7:30 AM
- Shift End Time: 3 PM
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in Chula Vista, San Diego County.
8-hour full time day shift, 7:30 am – 3:00 pm, weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Bachelors Science Nursing
- Current CPR certification
- Three years' of recent Main OR surgery and PACU experience required in an acute setting
- Knowledge or experience with SPD department
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Previous 2-3 years of leadership experience
- Current ACLS certification
- Master’s Degree in Health Related Field
- CNOR certification
Provide twenty-four hour administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability for the planning, operating, staffing, and coordinating of the Main Operating Rooms, PACU and SPD to ensure the delivery of high quality, cost effective patient care. Applies professional management principles of planning, organizing, leading and controlling to specific patient care units/services which effect exemplary practice that supports the mission, values and philosophy of Sharp HealthCare.
The Main Surgery Department at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is the first and only hospital in the South Bay with a DaVinci Robotic Surgery Program. With its 5 OR suites, it performs 4,000 cases/year. This Surgery Department offers a comprehensive heart program where open heart surgeries are performed as well as neuro, vascular, gyn, general, urology, and ENT.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343-bed hospital with the largest array of health care services in San Diego's South Bay. A Designated Planetree Patient-Centered Care Hospital, Sharp Chula Vista is home to the region's most comprehensive heart program and also offers exceptional services for orthopedic care and women and infants. The Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center offers patients the most advanced treatment technology, a unique healing environment and an extraordinary level of care.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Kneeling squatting
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: OR PACU SPD Manager