Newborn Hearing Screening TechnicianJob ID 84168 Date posted 11/03/2017
- Facility: Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- City: Chula Vista
- Department: Newborn Hearing Screening
- Category: Clinical Technician Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: 7 AM
- Shift End Time: 5:30 PM
This position is located in Chula Vista, San Diego County
Per Diem position - 10 hour shift
7:00am - 5:30pm including every other weekend
On call requirement
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Good computer skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work as a team as well as independently
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Certified Nursing Assistant certification
- One year experience in an Acute Care hospital
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
This role performs newborn hearing screening exams. Completes data entry, maintains equipment, orders supplies and paperwork related to the newborn hearing-screening program. Provides for appropriate communication of hearing screening results and follow-up scheduling of outpatient appointments per hearing screening results.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343-bed hospital with the largest array of health care services in San Diego's South Bay. A Designated Planetree Patient-Centered Care Hospital, Sharp Chula Vista is home to the region's most comprehensive heart program and also offers exceptional services for orthopedic care and women and infants. The Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center offers patients the most advanced treatment technology, a unique healing environment and an extraordinary level of care.
Sharp Chula Vista recently more than doubled the size of its Emergency Department and opened the new Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center, a unique healing environment with the most advanced medical technology available for cancer treatment.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Lift up to 25 pounds
- Push/pull up to 25 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Newborn Hearing Screening Tech