Nursing Assistant - NA, IMCU-DOU 2 (5E), Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
Job ID: 99211 Date posted: November 07, 2019
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- IMCU-DOU 2 (5E)
- Nursing Assistant Jobs
- Day Job
The Nursing Assistant collaborates with the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) in the delivery of quality patient/resident care under the direction of a licensed nurse. The Nursing Assistant delivers care with consideration to age specific needs/care. The Nursing Assistant contributes to overall unit functions.
5 East PCU is a 29-bed unit (in current tower) with an emphasis in Heart Failure.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343-bed hospital with the largest array of health care services in San Diego's South Bay. A Designated Planetree Person-Centered Care Hospital, Sharp Chula Vista is home to the region's most comprehensive heart program and as well as offering exceptional services for orthopedic care and women and infants. The Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center offers patients the most advanced treatment technology, a unique healing environment and an extraordinary level of care.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center has been providing health care to San Diego's South Bay community for more than 70 years. Now we are on a journey to go beyond, building a next-generation hospital in our binational region. The new hospital tower at Sharp Chula Vista will combine clinical excellence with thoughtful consideration to provide the best level of care to the community we're privileged to serve. Scheduled to open in 2019, the new Hospital Tower at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center will be the first new Sharp hospital in San Diego’s South Bay in more than 40 years. The tower will include seven stories, a 197,000-square-foot hospital.
As part of Planetree designation, the new hospital will include:
- All-private patient rooms designed with safety and privacy as priorities, including 10 intensive-care suites
- 6 operating rooms (including 1 hybrid Operating Room)
- Redesigned main entrance and lobby
- Rooftop café with indoor/outdoor dining with panoramic ocean views
- Additional space for support services including a pharmacy and kitchen
On the main floors, patients will receive quality care in large, private rooms; a new-intensive care unit will feature high-tech suites for lifesaving care. In our spacious, new operating rooms, surgeons will perform cutting-edge procedures for cardiology, radiology and more. A versatile hybrid operating room will be able to shift quickly from a catheterization procedure to surgery. Located at the top of the hospital will be an indoor/outdoor café will feature panoramic views, from the ocean to the mountains.
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This position is located in Chula Vista, San Diego County
12 hour shift, Full-time, 7:00am - 7:30pm, working every other weekend
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers issued by the AHA
- Knowledge of basic patient/resident care skills. Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform all baseline resident / patient care skills under the guidance of Licensed Nurse
- Fluent knowledge (written and spoken) of English.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- One year recent experience in geriatric setting OR One-year recent experience in an acute care hospital
- Comparable to certified nursing assistant course
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”