Nursing Assistant - NA
Job ID: 103855 Date posted: July 30, 2020
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- M/S (4W)
- Nursing Assistant Jobs
- Evening Job
The Nursing Assistant - NA provides nursing support. The NA collaborates with the Interdisciplinary Team in the delivery of quality/resident care under the direction of a licensed nurse. The NA delivers care with consideration to age specific needs and care. The NA contributes to the overall unit functions. The NA will establish a therapeutic relationship with patient and family. The NA must have good work ethic, a positive attitude, be a team player and put patient satisfaction and patient safety as top priorities. The Nursing Assistant will put patient satisfaction and patient safety as top priorities on fast-paced Medical Surgical unit.
4 South is a 35-bed Medical Surgical unit at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center. This unit cares for a variety of acute progressive care medical/surgical patients. 4 South offers great opportunity to work with an amazing team of healthcare professionals. Work with the best team of dedicated staff committed to patient safety, patient satisfaction and an enjoyable work environment.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343-bed hospital with the largest array of health care services in San Diego's South Bay. A Designated Planetree Person-Centered Care Hospital, Sharp Chula Vista is home to the region's most comprehensive heart program and as well as offering exceptional services for orthopedic care and women and infants. The Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center offers patients the most advanced treatment technology, a unique healing environment, and an extraordinary level of care.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center has been providing health care to San Diego's South Bay community for more than 70 years. Now we are on a journey to go beyond, building a next-generation hospital in our binational region. The new hospital tower at Sharp Chula Vista combines clinical excellence with thoughtful consideration to provide the best level of care to the community we are privileged to serve. The new hospital tower is the first new Sharp hospital in San Diego’s South Bay in more than 40 years. The tower includes seven stories, a 197,000-square-foot hospital.
As part of Planetree designation, the new hospital includes:
- All-private patient rooms designed with safety and privacy as priorities, including 10 intensive-care suites
- 6 operating rooms (including 1 hybrid Operating Room)
- Redesigned main entrance and lobby
- Rooftop café with indoor/outdoor dining with panoramic ocean views
- Additional space for support services including a pharmacy and kitchen
On the main floors, patients receive quality care in large, private rooms; a new-intensive care unit features high-tech suites for lifesaving care. In our spacious, new operating rooms, surgeons perform cutting-edge procedures for cardiology, radiology, and more. A versatile hybrid operating room can shift quickly from a catheterization procedure to surgery. Located at the top of the hospital is an indoor/outdoor café featuring panoramic views, from the ocean to the mountains.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers issued by the AHA
- Demonstrates basic competence in all areas of unit skills
- Ability to perform all baseline resident/patient care skills under guidance of Licensed Nurse
- Knowledge of basic patient/resident care skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Fluent knowledge (written and spoken) of English
- Comparable to certified nursing assistant course
- One year recent experience in a Geriatric setting or one-year recent experience in an Acute Care hospital
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”