Nursing Assistant - NA
Job ID: 105109 Date posted: September 24, 2020
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- PCU 5T
- Nursing Assistant Jobs
- Night Job
The Nursing Assistant collaborates with the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) in the delivery of quality patient/resident care under the direction of a licensed nurse. The Nursing Assistant delivers care with consideration to age specific needs/care and contributes to overall unit functions.
The Nursing Assistant is responsible for meeting the personal needs of our patients. The Nursing Assistants work collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team and are integral to the success of our patient satisfaction and patient safety. The Nursing Assistant provides basic ADLs for patients and assists with measuring vital signs, output and overall status of the patient. The Nursing Assistant uses therapeutic communication with every patient interaction.
PCU Oncology 5T is a 32-bed Medical Surgical Oncology and Progressive Care unit at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center. The unit cares for a great variety of diagnosis and treatments including: American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) outcome studies, inpatient radiation, and art line chemo and PCU (Progressive Care) patients. We are looking for candidates who emphasis a team-oriented" approach to care and who are interested in being a part of innovative developments within Sharp Healthcare. This unit offers the chance to develop and advance nursing knowledge and clinical skills while working with a multidisciplinary team.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343-bed hospital with the largest array of health care services in San Diego's South Bay. A Designated Planetree Person-Centered Care Hospital, Sharp Chula Vista is home to the region's most comprehensive heart program and as well as offering exceptional services for orthopedic care and women and infants. The Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center offers patients the most advanced treatment technology, a unique healing environment, and an extraordinary level of care.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center has been providing health care to San Diego's South Bay community for more than 70 years. Now we are on a journey to go beyond, building a next-generation hospital in our binational region. The new hospital tower at Sharp Chula Vista combines clinical excellence with thoughtful consideration to provide the best level of care to the community we are privileged to serve. The new hospital tower is the first new Sharp hospital in San Diego’s South Bay in more than 40 years. The tower includes seven stories, a 197,000-square-foot hospital.
As part of Planetree designation, the new hospital includes:
- All-private patient rooms designed with safety and privacy as priorities, including 10 intensive-care suites
- 6 operating rooms (including 1 hybrid Operating Room)
- Redesigned main entrance and lobby
- Rooftop café with indoor/outdoor dining with panoramic ocean views
- Additional space for support services including a pharmacy and kitchen
This position is located in Chula Vista, San Diego County
12 hour shift, 7:00pm - 7:30am, working every other weekend
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers issued by the AHA
- Knowledge of basic patient/resident care skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform all baseline resident/patient care skills under the guidance of a Licensed Nurse.
- Fluent knowledge (written and spoken) of English.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of a Certified Nursing Assistant course or comparable
- One year recent experience in a geriatric setting or in an acute care hospital
- Bilingual English/Spanish
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”