Nursing Assistant - NAJob ID 82072 Date posted 10/03/2017
- Facility: Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- City: Chula Vista
- Department: IMCU-DOU 1 (3E)
- Category: Nursing Assistant Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Night Job
- FTE: 0.9
- Shift Start: 7 PM
- Shift End Time: 7:30 AM
This position is located in Chula Vista, San Diego County
12 hour shift, Full-time, 7:00pm - 7:30am, working every other weekend
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers approved by the AHA
- Ability to perform all baseline patient care skills under guidance of Licensed Nurse.
- Fluent knowledge (written and spoken) of English.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Comparable to a Certified Nursing Assistant course
- One year recent experience in geriatric setting preferred OR one year recent experience in an acute care hospital
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
This Nursing Assistant – NA is a nurse support position on a 44-bed PCU, Telemetry and Stroke unit. We are looking for a team player who has a positive attitude and enjoys people. The Nursing Assistant collaborates with the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) in the delivery of quality patient/resident care under the direction of a licensed nurse.
3 East IMCU-DOU1 is a 44-bed unit at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center. It is a stroke designated unit, Patient population includes cardiac patients, S/P coronary angiography patients, and critical drip protocols. This unit is a three time Gold Stroke Award Winner by the American Heart Association (AHA). The staff is enthusiastic, and quality of care and patient satisfaction is most important to them. Our unit has a cohesive team environment in which the nurses support and mentor others and are dedicated to providing excellent care to our patients.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343-bed hospital with the largest array of health care services in San Diego's South Bay. A Designated Planetree Patient-Centered Care Hospital, Sharp Chula Vista is home to the region's most comprehensive heart program and offers exceptional services for orthopedic care and women and infants. The Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center offers patients the most advanced treatment technology, a unique healing environment and an extraordinary level of care.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Nursing Assistant – NA, Nursing Assistant, CNA, Certified Nursing Assistant, Chula Vista, IMCU, DOU, Job, Jobs