Nursing Assistant - NAJob ID 82986 Date posted 10/03/2017
- Facility: Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- City: Chula Vista
- Department: PCU Oncology
- Category: Nursing Assistant Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Night Job
- FTE: 0.9
- Shift Start: 11 PM
- Shift End Time: 7:30 AM
This position is located in Chula Vista, San Diego County.
8-hour shift, 11:00pm - 7:30am, full-time (.9), including every other weekend
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Experience as a Nursing Assistant in an Acute Care setting or completion of Nursing Fundamentals in a RN program
- Excellent communication skills
Preferred Skills and Qualification
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
The Nursing Assistant – NA is responsible for meeting the personal needs of our patients. The Nursing Assistants work collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team and are integral to the success of our patient satisfaction and patient safety. The Nursing Assistant provides basic ADLs for patients and assists with measuring vital signs, output and overall status of the patient. The Nursing Assistant uses therapeutic communication with every patient interaction.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343-bed hospital with the largest array of health care services in San Diego's South Bay. A Designated Planetree Patient-Centered Care Hospital, Sharp Chula Vista is home to the region's most comprehensive heart program and also offers exceptional services for orthopedic care and women and infants. The Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center offers patients the most advanced treatment technology, a unique healing environment and an extraordinary level of care.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Nursing Assistant - NA, Nursing Assistant, NA, Certified Nursing Assistant, CNA