Nursing Assistant - NAJob ID 84140 Date posted 11/03/2017
- Facility: Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- City: Chula Vista
- Department: Nursing Assistant Float Pool
- Category: Nursing Assistant Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Night Job
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: 11 PM
- Shift End Time: 7:30 AM
This position is located in Chula Vista, San Diego County
8 hour shift, Per Diem, 11:00pm - 7:30am, working every other weekend.
Per Diem commitment is 6 shifts in a 4-week scheduling period.
Required to work 2 weekend shifts in 4-week scheduling period
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers issued by the AHA
- Ability to perform all baseline resident/patient care skills such as activities of daily living, mobilization, transfers, vital signs, hygiene needs, measuring and documenting input/output under the guidance of a licensed Nurse
- Fluent knowledge of English (written and spoken)
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Education comparable to certified Nursing Assistant course
- One year recent CNA experience in geriatric setting or one year recent NA experience in an acute care hospital
- Direct Patient Care Experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
The Nursing Assistant - NA works as part of the healthcare team to provide nurse support, optimal care and outcomes. The NA collaborates with the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) in the delivery of quality patient/resident care under the direction of a licensed nurse. The NA delivers care with consideration to age specific needs/care. The NA contributes to overall unit functions.
This position will float to several units within Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343-bed hospital with the largest array of health care services in San Diego's South Bay. A Designated Planetree Patient-Centered Care Hospital, Sharp Chula Vista is home to the region's most comprehensive heart program and also offers exceptional services for orthopedic care and women and infants. The Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center offers patients the most advanced treatment technology, a unique healing environment and an extraordinary level of care.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Nursing Assistant, NA, Certified Nursing Assistant, CNA, float, staffing, Chula Vista, Job, Jobs