Occupational Therapy Assistant
Job ID: 97092 Date posted: July 27, 2019
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- Occupational Therapy
- Occupational Therapy Jobs
- Day Job
The Occupational Therapy Assistant administers occupational therapy modalities of treatment as prescribed by a licensed physician. Assists patients in reaching their maximum performance and level of functioning, while learning to live within the limits of their capabilities. Participates in operational aspects of the department, maintains performance improvement activities within the department, and participates in CQI activities.
Sharp Chula Vista's Rehabilitation Services department is committed to offering quality services that advance healing, minimize disability and enhance quality of life. Highly-trained therapists' have specialties that include balance and vestibular therapy, chronic pain and lymphedema therapy. We see a good mix of diagnoses including Ortho, Neuro and general medical patients. In addition, our rehab team provides treatment to patients at the adjacent Skilled Nursing Unit (Birch Patrick). We also have a busy Out-Patient/Sports Medicine clinic across the street from the hospital. In servicing an ethnically diverse patient population, we have therapists and support staff that speak English, Spanish and Tagalog. Department staff have a strong work ethic, a passion for service quality and patient satisfaction, and take great pride in being one of the most productive and efficient departments in the Sharp Chula Vista Hospital.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center has been providing health care to San Diego's South Bay community for more than 70 years. Now we are on a journey to go beyond, building a next-generation hospital in our binational region. The new hospital tower at Sharp Chula Vista will combine clinical excellence with thoughtful consideration to provide the best level of care to the community we're privileged to serve. Scheduled to open in 2019, the new Hospital Tower at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center will be the first new Sharp hospital in San Diego’s South Bay in more than 40 years. The tower will include seven stories, a 197,000-square-foot hospital.
As part of Planetree designation, the new hospital will include:
- All-private patient rooms designed with safety and privacy as priorities, including 10 intensive-care suites
- 6 operating rooms (including 1 hybrid Operating Room)
- Redesigned main entrance and lobby
- Rooftop café with indoor/outdoor dining with panoramic ocean views
- Additional space for support services including a pharmacy and kitchen
On the main floors, patients will receive quality care in large, private rooms; a new-intensive care unit will feature high-tech suites for lifesaving care. In our spacious, new operating rooms, surgeons will perform cutting-edge procedures for cardiology, radiology and more. A versatile hybrid operating room will be able to shift quickly from a catheterization procedure to surgery. Located at the top of the hospital will be an indoor/outdoor café will feature panoramic views, from the ocean to the mountains
This position is located in Chula Vista, CA, San Diego County
- Current unencumbered California State Occupational Therapy Assistant License
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Graduate of an approved professional school or graduate of an accredited college or university with a certificate in Occupational Therapy Assistant
- One or more years of experience in Acute Care/Rehab Occupational Therapy
- Experience in Skilled Nursing and Acute Care
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”