OR/Sterile Processing TechnicianSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 77116 Date posted 11/03/2016
Requisition ID: 77116
- Facility: Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- City: Chula Vista
- Department: Sterile Processing
- Category: Clinical Technician Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located Chula Vista, San Diego County
Per Diem position - Variable start and stop times of shift
2 weekends per month - On call requirement
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One year experience in an acute care hospital, sterile processing, or surgery department. Or recent completion of an accredited program for sterile process/central supply technicians.
- Thorough knowledge of surgical instrumentation, sterile techniques, general hospital supplies and equipment
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician (CSPDT)
The OR/Sterile Processing Distribution Technologist is responsible for decontamination, reprocessing, sterilization and storage of Operating Room (OR) instrumentation; sterilizer monitoring, maintenance and documentation; OR supply maintenance and case cart assembly.
As the leading provider of health care services in the South Bay, Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343 bed facility that delivers high-quality care designed to meet the needs of the community. Home to the region’s most comprehensive heart program, it also has the area’s only radiation oncology center and certified community hospital cancer program. The hospital has San Diego County’s only comprehensive Bloodless Medicine and Surgery Center, which serves patients who wish to avoid blood transfusions for personal or religious reasons.
Sharp Chula Vista recently more than doubled the size of its Emergency Department and opened the new Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center, a unique healing environment with the most advanced medical technology available for cancer treatment.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: OR/Sterile Processing Tech, Surgery, Surgical, Healthcare, Operating Room