Patient Account SpecialistJob ID 84619 Date posted 11/30/2017
- Facility: Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- City: Chula Vista
- Department: Linear Accelerator
- Category: Business Operations Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in Chula Vista, San Diego County.
Per diem; 8-hours varied shifts from 0745-1615 through 0900-1730
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One or more years’ experience in a patient accounts or business office setting for a hospital, physician's office, or other medical setting.
- A detail-oriented, customer-friendly self-starter with excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and stay on task.
- Computer skills with an ability to use a Windows-based operating system.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Working knowledge of patient scheduling, medical insurances and billing processes.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Under the direction of the Office Coordinator, this position provides organizational and information support to the radiation therapy staff and physicians, is a key person for interdepartmental communication, and verifies and obtain information required for the accurate billing and management of patient information. This position also performs a variety of duties to provide for maximum organizational and administration support to the physicians, management, staff, and patients of the radiation oncology department.
This position is assigned to the radiation oncology department in the new Douglas and Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center, the South Bay's newest and most advanced Cancer Center. The center offers the full scope of radiation therapy using the most advanced technology in the South Bay and some of the most advanced technology available, including stereotactic radiosurgery and HDR brachytherapy.
As the leading provider of health care services in the South Bay, Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343 bed facility that delivers high-quality care designed to meet the needs of the community. Home to the region’s most comprehensive heart program, it also has the area’s only radiation oncology center and certified community hospital cancer program. The hospital has San Diego County’s only comprehensive Bloodless Medicine and Surgery Center, which serves patients who wish to avoid blood transfusions for personal or religious reasons.
Sharp Chula Vista recently more than doubled the size of its Emergency Department and opened the new Douglas and Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center, a unique healing environment with the most advanced medical technology available for cancer treatment.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Lifting up to 10 pounds
- Push/Pull up to 50 pounds
- Carrying up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Patient Account Specialist