Per Diem RN II - Hospital
Job ID: 103641 Date posted: July 28, 2020
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- Labor & Delivery (3W)
- Night Job
- Per Diem
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Per Diem II RN independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of holistic patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
The Women’s and Infant Services at Sharp Chula Vista Medical delivers 250-300 infants/month. The Labor and Delivery department is comprised of an 8-bed triage, 10-bed LDR suite, 19-bed Post-Partum unit, 2 OR suites, 3-bed PAU and a 9-bed Level II NICU.
As the leading provider of health care services in the South Bay, Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343 bed facility that delivers high-quality care designed to meet the needs of the community. Home to the region’s most comprehensive heart program, it also has the area’s only radiation oncology center and certified community hospital cancer program. The hospital has San Diego County’s only comprehensive Bloodless Medicine and Surgery Center, which serves patients who wish to avoid blood transfusions for personal or religious reasons.
Sharp Chula Vista recently more than doubled the size of its Emergency Department and opened the new Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center, a unique healing environment with the most advanced medical technology available for cancer treatment.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This position is located in Chula Vista, San Diego County
Per Diem: 12-hour shift, 7:00 pm -7:30 am
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current NRP certification
- Current three years of experience in Labor and Delivery and Triage
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole