Per Diem RN II - HospitalJob ID 85697 Date posted 01/25/2018
- Facility: Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- City: Chula Vista
- Department: Non-Invasive Cardio
- Category: RN Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in Chula Vista, San Diego County
Variable 8-hour shift; weekends as needed; call required
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Education as required by the California Board of Registered Nursing (CA BRN)
- Current unencumbered California RN licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers by the American Heart Association
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical RN experience
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Prior experience in working in cardiac rehab
- Current experience in the ICU, ER, IR, Cath Lab or non-invasive stress lab
- Excellent telemetry skills with the ability to recognize arrhythmias at a glance
- Ability to respond and direct care in the presence of life threatening arrhythmias
- Ability to function independently as sole RN in the department with a clinical RN Lead nearby
- Experience working with or coordinating delivery of care as a team with non-nursing team members
- Working knowledge of moderate sedation practice
- Bilingual in (English/Spanish)
The Per Diem RN II will work primarily in our cardiac rehab department with post MI/cardiac surgery patients in a comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation program. The RN works in conjunction with the Exercise Physiologists overseeing patient exercise prescriptions and educating patients in risk factor modification. Oversee's exercise testing in either the cardiac rehab department or the stress lab.
Our Cardiac Rehab department is an accredited program with AACVPR and provides comprehensive cardiac rehab services to both phase I and phase II patient classes. AACVPR certification demonstrates a commitment to improve quality of care and meet essential standards. Directly adjacent to cardiac rehab is our cardiac stress lab and our RNs cross-train to be able to function in both departments. The RN provides leadership to other team members including exercise physiologists, EKG techs, echo techs and transporters.
As the leading provider of health care services in the South Bay, Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343 bed facility that delivers high-quality care designed to meet the needs of the community. Home to the region’s most comprehensive heart program, it also has the area’s only radiation oncology center and certified community hospital cancer program. The hospital has San Diego County’s only comprehensive Bloodless Medicine and Surgery Center, which serves patients who wish to avoid blood transfusions for personal or religious reasons.
Sharp Chula Vista recently more than doubled the size of its Emergency Department and opened the new Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center, a unique healing environment with the most advanced medical technology available for cancer treatment.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carrying up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Per Diem RN-II, non-invasive cardiology RN, cardiology RN, per diem RN