Per Diem RN II - Wound Ostomy, Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
Job ID: 107059 Date posted: December 29, 2020
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- IP Wound-Ostomy Team
- Day Job
- Per Diem
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Per Diem II RN independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care for patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, and according to unit's standards of care. Performs safe nursing care for patients in more complex situations with some assistance and supervision. Demonstrates competency in all areas of the unit skills and some advanced skills. May teach some skills competencies. Coordinates patient care administered by other members of the care team. May assume the responsibility of relief charge nurse and may assist with preceptorship/professional development of new nurses and students. Uses common equipment and medications safely in the practice setting and consults others when unfamiliar. Recognizes inconsistencies in patient care and manages potential complications. Demonstrates consistent organization and prioritization of workload.
The Per Diem-II RN is part of the Inpatient Wound Ostomy Team at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center. Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343-bed hospital with the largest array of health care services in San Diego's South Bay. A Designated Planetree Person-Centered Care Hospital, Sharp Chula Vista is home to the region's most comprehensive heart program and as well as offering exceptional services for orthopedic care and women and infants. The Douglas& Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center offers patients the most advanced treatment technology, a unique healing environment and an extraordinary level of care.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343-bed hospital with the largest array of health care services in San Diego's South Bay. A Designated Planetree Person-Centered Care Hospital, Sharp Chula Vista is home to the region's most comprehensive heart program and as well as offering exceptional services for orthopedic care and women and infants. The Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center offers patients the most advanced treatment technology, a unique healing environment, and an extraordinary level of care.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center has been providing health care to San Diego's South Bay community for more than 70 years. Now we are on a journey to go beyond, building a next-generation hospital in our binational region. The new hospital tower at Sharp Chula Vista combines clinical excellence with thoughtful consideration to provide the best level of care to the community we're privileged to serve. The new hospital tower is the first new Sharp hospital in San Diego’s South Bay in more than 40 years. The tower includes seven stories, a 197,000-square-foot hospital.
As part of Planetree designation, the new hospital includes:
- All-private patient rooms designed with safety and privacy as priorities, including 10 intensive-care suites
- 6 operating rooms (including 1 hybrid Operating Room)
- Redesigned main entrance and lobby
- Rooftop café with indoor/outdoor dining with panoramic ocean views
- Additional space for support services including a pharmacy and kitchen
On the main floors, patients receive quality care in large, private rooms; a new-intensive care unit features high-tech suites for lifesaving care. In our spacious, new operating rooms, surgeons perform cutting-edge procedures for cardiology, radiology, and more. A versatile hybrid operating room can shift quickly from a catheterization procedure to surgery. Located at the top of the hospital is an indoor/outdoor café featuring panoramic views, from the ocean to the mountains.
This position is located in Chula Vista, San Diego County
- Graduate of Nursing School
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- ACLS Certification (Advanced Cardiac Life Support)
- NIH Stroke Scale (NIHSS)
- Three years recent Acute Care RN experience
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Prior Wound Ostomy experience
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole