The Radiologic Technologist must produce high quality exams in compliance with department policy, procedures and guidelines. Demonstrates commitment to providing safe, efficient, and quality care. Provides pre and post procedure education to patient and family. Verifies physician orders and utilizes RIS correctly to complete all paperwork. Adheres to all Sharp HealthCare practices and policies. Complies with all regulatory requirements including licensing, certification, and other mandatory training.
Our Department has an intimate and welcoming environment and this ambiance is emulated by the Radiology staff and Physicians. Within the last two years our department acquired a second CT scanner to meet the needs of a larger patient volume. Our department is a 24/7 operation consists of approximately 100 plus employees.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343-bed hospital with the largest array of health care services in San Diego's South Bay. A Designated Planetree Patient-Centered Care Hospital, Sharp Chula Vista is home to the region's most comprehensive heart program and also offers exceptional services for orthopedic care and women and infants. The Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center offers patients the most advanced treatment technology, a unique healing environment and an extraordinary level of care.
This position is located in Chula Vista, CA, San Diego County
8-hour shifts; Per Diem position to work variable shifts; every other weekend; call is required
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Successful completion of AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology or equivalent
- Valid CRT licensure and CA State Fluoroscopy certification
- ARRT certification
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Proficient in C-arm, portable and Fluoroscopy exams
- Must be able to perform all general, Fluoroscopic, portable and OR procedures
- Excellent customer service skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- One or more years of experience as a Radiologic Technologist; will consider Students that have completed clinicals at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
- Familiarity working with Cerner
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability