Radiologic Technologist-Fluoro Required / Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center / Variable Shift / FT / $10K Sign On Bonus
- Chula Vista Medical Center
Shift Start Time:Variable
Shift End Time:Variable
Additional Shift Information:
Weekend Requirements:As Needed
Hourly Pay Range (Minimum - Midpoint - Maximum):$39.435 - $50.884 - $62.333
The stated pay scale reflects the range that Sharp reasonably expects to pay for this position. The actual pay rate and pay grade for this position will be dependent on a variety of factors, including an applicant’s years of experience, unique skills and abilities, education, alignment with similar internal candidates, marketplace factors, other requirements for the position, and employer business practices.
We are offering a $10,000 SIGN ON BONUS for external candidates and a $1,000 EMPLOYEE REFERRAL BONUS.
Hiring Incentives Eligibility Requirements
The following are not eligible for hiring incentives:
- Current Sharp HealthCare employees
- Rehires/Reinstates that are rejoining the organization less than 12 months from last date of employment with Sharp HealthCare
To remain eligible for your sign on incentive, the following criteria must be met:
- Must remain in original hired FTE status and shift (if specified in offer letter)
- Must remain in original department/specialty
- Must remain in original Job Title
- Transfers to a non-bonus eligible department or position may result in forfeiting remaining incentive bonus
Employee Referral Incentive Eligibility:
- Referral must list the name of the Sharp employee that referred them on the job application
- External referrals only
- If referring a former Sharp employee - must be more than 12 months since last date of employment with Sharp HealthCare at the time of referral
What You Will Do
To perform a wide variety of technical procedures with quality patient care, assisting Physicians as needed.
- Satisfactory completion of formal training program in an AMA approved school and meets the requirements of an appropriate State and/or Federal mandated certification or equivalent.
- AHA Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professional (AHA BLS Healthcare)
- Radiologic Technologist Fluoroscopy Permit
- ARRT Certificate
- Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT)
- One or more years of experience as a Radiologic Technologist; will consider students who have completed clinicals at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Ability to perform fluoroscopy procedures independently in surgery using a C-arm. Experienced in fixed fluoroscopic systems and a strong knowledge in fluoroscopy procedures.
- Documentation management
Verify physicians written order and assures appropriate clinical indication of ordered exams
Begin exams in IDXrad
Accurately complete exams in IDXrad, filling out appropriate information (contrast, fluoroscopy time, QC, resource, technical modifiers, technologist/student/RN/Radiologist)
Provide correct coding of exams, billing modifiers, supplies
Depart patient in IDXrad when appropriate
Ensure film jacket is properly labeled.
Ensure paperwork is filed appropriately.
- Patient and family education
Provides pre and post procedure education and reassurance to include but not limited to: What the procedure is, how long it is going to take, physician involved, contrast administration and mode of delivery, positioning, instructions related to procedure, the report, patient satisfaction form, etc
Interacts and communicates in a manner to reflect an understanding of the patient's age, culture, state of health, level of comprehension
Communicates and interacts with the patient's family in a way that is perceived positive and supportive while maintaining patient confidentiality
- Produce high quality exams
Understands and applies appropriate imaging techniques
Positions according to department imaging protocols
Labels and identifies studies correctly using legal marker set
Uses imaging equipment proficiently
Uses imaging agents (contrast) according to protocol
- Quality assurance
Verifies patient identification and pregnancy status
Assists Radiologist in procedures while practicing sterile techniques to prevent cross-contamination.
Implements safe, efficient and therapeutic care
Performs proper procedure on proper patient
Demonstrates knowledge of universal precautions and sterile techniques.
Observes the patient, reports any changes in status, and initiates appropriate action to ensure a positive outcome. Follows patient's Advanced Directive.
Maintains strict patient confidentiality, keeps work discussion professional and limited to private areas
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability or any other protected class.
#FJ #signon #referralARRT Certificate - ARRT; Radiologic Technologist Fluoroscopy Permit - CA Department of Public Health; AHA Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professional (AHA BLS Healthcare) - American Heart Association; Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT) - CA Department of Public Health
Want to know when new jobs are posted? Sign up for job alerts.
Set your parameters to automatically receive alerts when we post new jobs that fit your skills, interests and experience.
Explore our locationsView locations
"After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it."
We are Sharp
Stay connected and join the career interest community
Want to stay informed about career opportunities and life at Sharp? Join our career interest community and receive information that matters to you.Join the community