Registered Nurse - RN - Urgent Care
Job ID: 105537 Date posted: October 14, 2020
- SRS South Chula Vista
- Urgent Care
- Per Diem
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Registered Nurse Urgent Care - RN practices nursing within the scope of practice as designated in the Business and Professions Code of California Nurse Practice Act, and maintains critical skills as outlined in scope of practice (i.e. IV skills). Maintains a productive and effective team and worker friendly environment. Identifies and assists with resolving issues regarding staffing and equipment needs. Partners with physicians in delivering the highest quality patient care and customer service. Acts as a role model, mentor, and resource in giving nursing care and in the development of nursing and Patient Service Representative staff. Utilize opportunities for teaching with staff. RN will be part of a team who will triage, assess and manage the care of multiple types of patients; pediatrics, geriatrics, cardiac and mild trauma in a fast paced and ever-changing environment.
The Department of Urgent Care consists of 4 providers on our staff to help meet the needs of our patients and is located at five of our Sharp Rees-Stealy medical clinics (Chula Vista, Downtown, La Mesa, Rancho Bernardo and Sorrento Mesa).
With 400 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 20 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
This position is located in Chula Vista, San Diego County
Variable 12-hour shift, every other weekend
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Education as required for CA Board of Registered Nursing (CA-BRN)
- Current unencumbered CA Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers by the American Heart Association
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or must obtain within 90 days of hire
- One year of related RN work experience such as ER/ICU or Urgent Care
- IV proficient
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Charge nurse and leadership experience
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole