Respiratory Care Practitioner - RCP
Job ID: 106995 Date posted: December 22, 2020
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- Respiratory Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy Jobs
- Night Job
- Per Diem
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343-bed hospital with the largest array of health care services in San Diego's South Bay. A Designated Planetree Person-Centered Care Hospital, Sharp Chula Vista is home to the region's most comprehensive heart program and as well as offering exceptional services for orthopedic care and women and infants. The Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center offers patients the most advanced treatment technology, a unique healing environment, and an extraordinary level of care.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center has been providing health care to San Diego's South Bay community for more than 70 years. Now we are on a journey to go beyond, building a next-generation hospital in our binational region. The new hospital tower at Sharp Chula Vista combines clinical excellence with thoughtful consideration to provide the best level of care to the community we're privileged to serve. The new hospital tower is the first new Sharp hospital in San Diego’s South Bay in more than 40 years. The tower includes seven stories, a 197,000-square-foot hospital.
As part of Planetree designation, the new hospital includes:
• All-private patient rooms designed with safety and privacy as priorities, including 10 intensive-care suites
• 6 operating rooms (including 1 hybrid Operating Room)
• Redesigned main entrance and lobby
• Rooftop café with indoor/outdoor dining with panoramic ocean views
• Additional space for support services including a pharmacy and kitchen
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of a CoARC accredited respiratory therapy program required
- Current unencumbered CA Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) license
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT)
- Current one (1) year experience as an inpatient hospital RCP preferred
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
- Current ACLS certification
- Current NPR certification
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: RCP jobs in San Diego, CRT, RRT, respiratory therapy jobs in San Diego.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”