Safe Patient Mobility Assistant
Job ID: 97480 Date posted: August 15, 2019
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- Acute PT
- Physical Therapy Jobs
- Day Job
The Safe Patient Mobility and Fall Prevention Assistant will provide daily leadership, coordination and maintenance of safe patient mobilization and fall prevention activities across services and disciplines throughout the Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center. Coordinates the process of enhancing an integrated fall prevention program, assisting in developing and implementing realistic strategies to increase patient safety by achieving sustainable reductions in patient falls. Assists in the development and implementation of employee education/training curriculum including initial annual refresher and ongoing education and training. Monitors staff compliance with patient fall prevention procedures
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center has been providing health care to San Diego's South Bay community for more than 70 years. Now we are on a journey to go beyond, building a next-generation hospital in our binational region. The new hospital tower at Sharp Chula Vista will combine clinical excellence with thoughtful consideration to provide the best level of care to the community we're privileged to serve. Scheduled to open in 2019, the new Hospital Tower at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center will be the first new Sharp hospital in San Diego’s South Bay in more than 40 years. The tower will include seven stories, a 197,000-square-foot hospital.
As part of Planetree designation, the new hospital will include:
- All-private patient rooms designed with safety and privacy as priorities, including 10 intensive-care suites
- 6 operating rooms (including 1 hybrid Operating Room)
- Redesigned main entrance and lobby
- Rooftop café with indoor/outdoor dining with panoramic ocean views
- Additional space for support services including a pharmacy and kitchen
On the main floors, patients will receive quality care in large, private rooms; a new-intensive care unit will feature high-tech suites for lifesaving care. In our spacious, new operating rooms, surgeons will perform cutting-edge procedures for cardiology, radiology and more. A versatile hybrid operating room will be able to shift quickly from a catheterization procedure to surgery. Located at the top of the hospital will be an indoor/outdoor café will feature panoramic views, from the ocean to the mountains.
This position is located in Chula Vista, CA, San Diego County
8 hour shifts; Full-time position to work 8:00 am – 4:30 pm; Tuesday thru Saturday
- Associates Degree and valid CA State license as Physical Therapist Assistant
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Provider
- Two years recent pertinent clinical experience
- Excellent customer driven communication skills; skill to effectively provide presentations to groups
- Skill to organize work and set priorities in a dynamic patient care environment
- Demonstrated skill to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to work with all staff levels within a clinical setting and staff
- Customer service driven communication skills
- Leadership experience
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: Safe Patient Mobility Assistant, Physical Therapist Assistant
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”