Scheduling System CoordinatorSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 77322 Date posted 11/17/2016
Requisition ID: 77322
- Facility: Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- City: Chula Vista
- Department: Cardiac Cath Lab
- Category: Clerical Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Evening Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 11 AM
- Shift End Time: 7:30 PM
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in Chula Vista, CA, San Diego County.
Full time (1.00); 11am to 7:30pm; weekends as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to perform duties according to specific written and/or verbal instructions.
- Accurately maintain scheduling documentation.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong communication skills both in verbal and written.
- Able to remain calm under pressure.
- Experience in Excel, Word and able to maintain departmental statistics.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
The Scheduling System Coordinator will provide clinical operations system support for scheduling, physicians, and interdepartmental communication; Facilitate departmental education as needed.
Other responsibilities and duties:
Communication and teamwork
- Ability to verbally present materials effectively.
- Orients and trains applicable staff members within clinic.
- Communicates and documents issues or problems - Ability to distinguish between problem or issue, important and unimportant.
- Shows flexibility and willingness in accepting new assignments.
- Remains open to corrective feedback from others.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Employs active listening.
- Communicates actions accurately and clearly. Employs telephone etiquette.
- Demonstrates courteous, cooperative behavior in meetings.
- Interacts effectually and exhibits professional behavior with clinical staff and providers regarding scheduling issues/concerns.
- Consistently complies with all organization policies and procedures.
- Implements quality assurance plan.
- Responsible for training of applicable employees on scheduling applications and new employee evaluation when performing practice applications.
- Developing and updating training manuals, competency completion, and reference materials.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining schedules for identified departments.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining provider office protocols.
- Assist with dictionary upkeep.
- Responsible for arranging and maintenance of end user security.
- Responsible for computation of data.
- Assist with developing policy procedures for scheduling application.
- 2016-04-11 Page 1 of 2
- Assist with completion of CSR forms for computer moves.
Staffing Coordinator Responsibilities
- Process time off requests.
- Assist Lead in tracking Attendance Records and input for scheduling staff performance evaluation.
- Providing temporary agency service for offices and U.C.
- Tracking invoices for temp services.
- Cost analyst reports.
- Process mileage reimbursements.
- Coordinate staff for inservices and training sessions.
- Handle all incoming employee calls - must have knowledge of Sharp Employee Policies.
- Separate and distribute all budget/labor distribution report to appropriate staff.
- Respond to physician or other operational issues.
- Assists in Identical any problems/concerns and forwards to manager.
- Assists with keeping up on repairs for fax machines and pagers.
- Assists with any department/office move with phone lines and equipment.
- Responsible for providing and maintaining headsets.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is the only medical center in the South Bay providing comprehensive cardiac care. Our two room cath lab performs procedures typical of much larger facilities, such as diagnostic and interventional coronary procedures, pacemaker/ICD implantations, Electrophysiology studies and peripheral procedures. As a STEMI center, we strive to meet the American College of Cardiology goal of a door-to-balloon time under 90 minutes for all patients and are currently recognized by the AHA as a recipient of the Silver Award in both CHF and CAD. Come join our team promoting patient-centered care.
As the leading provider of health care services in the South Bay, Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343 bed facility that delivers high-quality care designed to meet the needs of the community. Home to the region’s most comprehensive heart program, it also has the area’s only radiation oncology center and certified community hospital cancer program. The hospital has San Diego County’s only comprehensive Bloodless Medicine and Surgery Center, which serves patients who wish to avoid blood transfusions for personal or religious reasons.
Sharp Chula Vista recently more than doubled the size of its Emergency Department and opened the new Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center, a unique healing environment with the most advanced medical technology available for cancer treatment.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Must be able to reach for supplies above the head, and stoop/bend to pick up supplies.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time. Speak and hear clearly.
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Scheduling System Coordinator