Surgical Technologist IIJob ID 85684 Date posted 01/24/2018
- Facility: Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- City: Chula Vista
- Department: Surgery
- Category: Clinical Technician Jobs
- Job Status: Part-Time
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.5
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in Chula Vista, San Diego County
Part Time position - Variable start and stop times of shift
Weekends as needed - On call requirement
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers
- Certified Surgical Technologists (CST) or Certified Surgical First Assistant (CSFA) license
- Must maintain a National Board Certification of Certified Surgical Technologist or Certified Surgical First Assistant
- Graduate from an approved Surgical Technologist program or demonstrated skills via on the job training
- Three years Surgical Tech experience in a hospital setting
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of robotic surgery
- One year of experience scrubbing for General, Orthopedics, Spine, Neuro, Maxillofacial/ENT and Plastics cases
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Proficient in scrubbing for all specialties except open heart
- Ability to function in a fast paced surgical department
- Strong customer service and teamwork skills
This role will be responsible for the safe and effective conduct of invasive surgical procedures by ensuring the operating room environment is safe, that surgical equipment is functioning properly, and that the operative procedures are conducted under conditions that ensure patient safety. This position will also utilize clinical expertise in the roles of a scrub surgical technologist.
Surgery Services has 5 OR suites and performs 4,000 cases/year with an average of 350 open heart cases/year. Other services include Neuro, Vascular, Gyn, General, and ENT. The Surgery Services offer the only minimally invasive Robotic Surgery Program in the South Bay for the various urologic and OB/GYN procedures. Provide surgical services for all lines of surgical disciplines except pediatrics.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343-bed hospital with the largest array of health care services in San Diego's South Bay. A Designated Planetree Patient-Centered Care Hospital, Sharp Chula Vista is home to the region's most comprehensive heart program and also offers exceptional services for orthopedic care and women and infants. The Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center offers patients the most advanced treatment technology, a unique healing environment and an extraordinary level of care.
Essential Physical Requirements may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Surgical Technologist, CST, Operating Room, Surgery, Tech, Technician, Surgical, Healthcare, Certified Surgical Technologist, San Diego Surgical Technologist jobs, San Diego Surgical Tech jobs, Surgical Tech jobs, Surgical Technologist jobs