The Surgical Technologists will use their expertise in asepsis and equipment to prepare the operating room. They will work to help ensure that the operating room is safe, that equipment functions properly, and that the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety while maintaining the integrity of the sterile field. This position will provide surgical services for all lines of surgical disciplines except pediatrics.
Surgery Services has 5 OR suites and performs 4,000 cases/year with an average of 350 open heart cases/year. Other services include Neuro, Vascular, Gyn, General, and ENT. The Surgery Services offer the only minimally invasive Robotic Surgery Program in the South Bay for the various urologic and OB/GYN procedures. Provide surgical services for all lines of surgical disciplines except pediatrics.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343-bed hospital with the largest array of health care services in San Diego's South Bay. A Designated Planetree Patient-Centered Care Hospital, Sharp Chula Vista is home to the region's most comprehensive heart program and also offers exceptional services for orthopedic care and women and infants. The Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center offers patients the most advanced treatment technology, a unique healing environment and an extraordinary level of care.
This position is located in Chula Vista, San Diego County
Part Time position - Variable shift
Weekends as needed
On call requirement
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate from an accredited Surgical Technologist School/Course or demonstrated technical skills through on-the-job training
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Current Surgical Technologist (CST) certification
- One year scrub experience in a hospital setting
- Knowledge of robotic surgery
- One year of experience scrubbing for General, Orthopedics, Spine, Neuro, Maxillofacial/ENT and Plastics cases
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Physical Requirements may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.