Surgical TechnologistsSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 75605 Date posted 08/25/2016
Requisition ID: 75605
- Facility: Sharp Chula Vista Medical Ctr
- City: Chula Vista
- Department: Labor & Delivery (3W)
- Category: Clinical Technician Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Night Job
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: 7 PM
- Shift End Time: 7:30 PM
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in Chula Vista, San Diego County.
Per Diem - Night position
7:00pm - 7:30am
Weekend shift as needed or 2 weekend shifts per month
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Graduate from an accredited Surgical Technologist School/Course
- One year scrub experience in a hospital setting
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Current Surgical Technologist certification
- Labor and Delivery, OBGYN procedure experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish
The Surgical technologists will use their expertise to prepare the operating room. They will work to help ensure that the operating room is safe, that equipment functions properly, and that the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety while maintaining the integrity of the sterile field.
The Women’s and Infants’ Service delivers 250-300 infants/month. This department is comprised of an 8-bed triage, 10-bed LDR suite, 19-bed Postpartum unit, 2 OR suites, 3-bed PACU and a 9 bed Level II NICU.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343-bed hospital with the largest array of health care services in San Diego's South Bay. A Designated Planetree Patient-Centered Care Hospital, Sharp Chula Vista is home to the region's most comprehensive heart program and also offers exceptional services for orthopedic care and women and infants. The Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center offers patients the most advanced treatment technology, a unique healing environment and an extraordinary level of care.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation/Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Carry up to 50 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Surgical Technologist, CST, Labor and Delivery, Healthcare, Surgery