Lead the planned activities, individual and group involvement, coordinate the activity program in a cooperative manner with staff and other services, maintain daily attendance sheets, and make activity assessments upon admissions. Be able to transport residents to and from activities as needed.
From emergency services to a nationally recognized total joint replacement program, Sharp Coronado Hospital is a 181 bed facility that has a long tradition of providing top-quality, comprehensive health care.
Sharp Coronado incorporates many personalized aspects into its care philosophy — including patient empowerment, patient and family education, and a physical environment that promotes healing through complementary therapies such as clinical aromatherapy, massage and Healing Touch. Sharp Coronado Hospital is one of the first five hospitals nationally to be designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
This position is located in Coronado, San Diego County at Sharp Coronado Hospital.
Hours: Per diem - Variable 8 hour shifts with every other weekend
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Two years in a social or recreational program within the past five years.
- One year in patient activities program in a health care setting.
- Able to develop plan of care based on identified issues or concerns, evaluate outcomes and write progress notes in a timely manner
- Participates effectively in resident care conferences as deemed necessary
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Current Activity certifications
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Some college
Essential physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.