Case Manager Per Diem II, Sharp Coronado Hospital
Job ID: 100608 Date posted: January 28, 2020
- Sharp Coronado Hospital and Hlth
- Case Management
- Day Job
- Per Diem
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Case Manager Per Diem II position assesses, develops, implements, coordinates and monitors a comprehensive plan of care for each patient/family in collaboration with the physician, social worker and all members of the interdisciplinary team in the inpatient and emergency department patient care areas. This position requires the ability to combine clinical/quality considerations with regulatory/financial/utilization review demands to assure patients are receiving care in the appropriate setting and level of care. The position creates a balance between individual clinical needs with the efficient and cost effective utilization of resources while promoting quality outcomes. The Case Manager PD II must have a full understanding of statusing patients and communicating the appropriate status to the attending physician, as well as the ED physician. The Case Manager must be able to understand, develop and document a plan for the day and plan for the stay with patient, family, providers and nursing staff.
The Case Manager Per Diem II is part of the Case Management Department at Sharp Coronado Hospital. The department uses a collaborative model of nursing, social work and clinical support to navigate patients through utilization review, resource utilization and the discharge process. The department is comprised of RN case managers, medical social workers, and support staff.
Sharp Coronado Hospital and Healthcare Center is a 181-bed acute care hospital with services including sub-acute and long-term care, rehabilitation therapies, and emergency services. The hospital was opened and fully-funded by the citizens of Coronado who continue to participate in an active foundation and auxiliary.
Sharp Coronado incorporates many personalized aspects into its care philosophy — including patient empowerment, patient and family education, and a physical environment that promotes healing through complementary therapies such as clinical aromatherapy, massage and Healing Touch. Sharp Coronado Hospital is one of the first five hospitals nationally to be designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
This position is located in Coronado, CA (San Diego County)
8-hour Day shift, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm; weekends per rotation - currently every 4th weekend
This is a Per Diem Position
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- 3 years of recent acute care nursing experience or case management experience
- PC, data management and analysis skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as demonstrated by the ability to work effectively with individuals and/or teams, and across disciplines
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, as demonstrated in oral and written forms
- Ability to work in a collaborative partnership model with Social Workers and other members of the interdisciplinary team, both internal and external
- Organizational and time management skills as evidenced by capacity to prioritize multiple tasks
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- BSN or equivalent degree strongly preferred
- 3 Case Management experience strongly desired
- Experience with InterQual and/or MCG and Allscripts
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole