Case Manager Per Diem IISend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 76369 Date posted 10/03/2016
Requisition ID: 76369
- Facility: Sharp Coronado Hospital & Hlth
- City: Coronado
- Department: Case Management
- Category: Case Manager Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 4:30 PM
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in Coronado, CA (San Diego County)
8-hour day shift, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm; weekends as needed
This is a temporary Per Diem Position
Requires a commitment to be scheduled to work a minimum of 6 shifts or more during each 4 week period, including a minimum of 2 weekend shifts.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- BSN or equivalent degree
- Current BLS certification for HealthCare Providers
- 3 years of recent acute care nursing experience or case management experience
- PC, data management and analysis skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as demonstrated by the ability to work effectively with individuals and/or teams, and across disciplines
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, as demonstrated in oral and written forms
- Ability to work in a collaborative partnership model with Social Workers and other members of the interdisciplinary team, both internal and external
- Organizational and time management skills as evidenced by capacity to prioritize multiple tasks
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with InterQual and/or MCG and Allscripts
- BSN degree
The Case Manager II Per Diem position assesses, develops, implements, coordinates and monitors a comprehensive plan of care for each patient/family in collaboration with the physician, social worker and all members of the interdisciplinary team in the inpatient and emergency department patient care areas. This position requires the ability to combine clinical/quality considerations with regulatory/financial/utilization review demands to assure patients are receiving care in the appropriate setting and level of care. The position creates a balance between individual clinical needs with the efficient and cost effective utilization of resources while promoting quality outcomes.
The Case Manager II per diem position is part of the Case Management Department at Sharp Coronado Hospital. The department uses a collaborative model of nursing, social work and clinical support to navigate patients through utilization review, resource utilization and the discharge process. The department is comprised of RN case managers, medical social workers, and support staff.
Sharp Coronado Hospital and Healthcare Center is a 181-bed acute care hospital with services including sub-acute and long-term care, rehabilitation therapies, and emergency services. The hospital was opened and fully-funded by the citizens of Coronado who continue to participate in an active foundation and auxiliary.
Sharp Coronado incorporates many personalized aspects into its care philosophy — including patient empowerment, patient and family education, and a physical environment that promotes healing through complementary therapies such as clinical aromatherapy, massage and Healing Touch. Sharp Coronado Hospital is one of the first five hospitals nationally to be designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Push/Pull up to 25 pounds
- Carry up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: 76369, Case Management, RN, Registered Nurse, Clinical Nurse, RN Case Management, Case Manager, Utilization Review, UR, Nursing Jobs, Per Diem, Coronado, San Diego